INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists For Samsung Galaxy S  (Read 11808 times)

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
Playlists For Samsung Galaxy S
« on: September 19, 2010, 03:45:11 am »

Hi

I'm not sure how to put this, or even which section. I'm currently considering buying the above smartphone. Now with the ipod any smartlist or playlist is automatically added to the ipod. Is this the same for the Galaxy S, as i wish to ditch my ipod. Also, does anyone know what the sound quality is on this phone.

Hope i've made this clear enough.

Thanks for any help

Stevenf

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
Re: Playlists For Samsung Galaxy S
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:13:36 pm »

Personally I thought the sound quality of my ipod wasn't that good. My iPhone was a bit better though. I now have a Galaxy S but haven't really done much with (music wise) at this point, but when I do I will let you know. If I forget, give the thread a bump...

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:33:10 am »

Thanks for taking the interest, will be interested to find out what the sound is like, cause my current phone, the nokia 6760 slide is compete rubbish.

Stevenf

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:23:34 pm »

OK, so I've had some more time to play with it. The sound is good - at least as good as my iphone. One thing I've found is the earphones you use effect the sound  but that is my experiences with all phones/players.  Pretty much every pair I've tried sounds different. And like my iPod/iPhone the ones that came with it sound best (surprise, surprise) even over some rather expensive pairs that I've bought.

All in all I'm pleased with the switch. The only downside I can say is the default music app in Android isn't quite as pretty as on a touch. Also the cover art icons are a little slow getting displayed.

I think the big questions is, would I go back... not a chance. I like my Galaxy S much better than my iPhone, even though it has a few kinks to work out (check the net for details). I very much like the fact that I don't have Steve Jobs telling me what I can and can't do with my device, or better yet, what app I can use to sync with it... :)

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 12:18:40 am »

Fantastic gvanbrunt, that's exactly what i wanted to hear, because i quite like the sound quality of my ipod classic and it seems like the Galaxy S could sound better. So once again, thanks for the input

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:04:49 am »

the cubed music player is pretty cool and high on the aesthetics.
Search the market for cubed and the application will show up as "3"

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 08:37:26 pm »

Thanks for the tip on 3. It is the best looking app I've seen so far. Only problem I have is doesn't do playlists very well. Also navigating to a particular song isn't the best.

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 11:24:45 pm »

yeah - not perfect either.  But at least they admit its beta.  My biggest problem with it is that when the screen is off I can't FF to the next song with a long click of the volume hard keys - something I use all the time when I am running with the native Android player.

reedk

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 08:33:02 pm »

How do you get the m3u playlists up on the samsung?  When I sync with jriver 15 I get .pla format playlists up on the galaxy and I can't figure out how to tell jriver to put .m3u playlists up on the device instead. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up