INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MKV problems  (Read 1284 times)

sbdallas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My only friend is a goat.
MKV problems
« on: October 03, 2010, 11:19:15 am »

I don't know what happened, but a lot of my mkv files have stopped playing properly.  Some have no audio and some try to download ffdshow every single time I play them, even though I have the latest version installed.  Some play fine.  Also, FWIW, my music files all seem to play fine.

I have CoreAVC.

I have no idea what I am supposed to have the renderer settings set to.  Could someone please lend a hand and school me in setting these up?

Thanks,
Scott
Scott

I finally stopped drinking for good.
Now I drink for Evil.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MKV problems
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 01:26:57 pm »

The best solution:

1. Go to Tools -> Options -> Video in MC.  Set the Playback Method for ALL TYPES to Automatic (especially MKV).  You usually don't need to change these unless you want MC to act differently from the rest of your system.  This should be rare, and only for special circumstances when you know what you're doing.

2. Go to the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel and completely uninstall CoreAVC, Haali, FFDSHOW, and DirectVobSub (or VSFilter if it is listed).  If you have any codec packs, remove them too.

3. Reboot.  Don't skip this because you are lazy.

4. Download the latest build of CoreAVC if you aren't sure you have it.  Also download the latest CCCP Beta from here.

5. Install them in THIS ORDER...

6. Install CoreAVC.  Get it licensed and set up.

7. Install CCCP.

8. On the bottom left of the first page of the CCCP Settings dialog that comes up, make sure CoreAVC is enabled under the Alternative H264 Decoders section.

This will probably fix you right up.  If not, follow these instructions for me and paste the results in this thread.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

sbdallas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My only friend is a goat.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 02:40:57 pm »

Awesome, all is working again.  Thanks very much for your help.

A note... step 8, I did not see an Alternative H264 Decoders section.  I really looked.  :)  Still, everything works, so no biggie.

Thanks again,
Scott
Scott

I finally stopped drinking for good.
Now I drink for Evil.

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:23:14 pm »

Don't forget to disable the tray icon for CoreAVC completely....I found specific mkv's (in a series of ones that played nice) which would error out when this was enabled (locked playback, locked down MC with no playback bar).
Pages: [1]   Go Up