INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: deleting files: playlist/harddrive  (Read 697 times)

mikewillnot

deleting files: playlist/harddrive
« on: June 18, 2002, 06:37:41 pm »

I still can't figure this out.  It seemed unpredictable and a bit confusing in 7.x, but is moreso in 8.x.  When I attempt to delete a file, sometimes I get a prompt box that asks if I want to delete it from the playlist only, or delete the file from the hard drive altogether.  However, more often, I don't get that prompt, MJ just removes the file from the playlist, library, or whatever.  THE QUESTION:  What mode do I have to be in in order to get that prompt?

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
RE:deleting files: playlist/harddrive
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 06:45:51 pm »

You only get the option to delete the file from the HD if you are in a "Media Library" view.

In such views, deleting a track will remove it from the Library and hence from any playlists that may also contain it.
Under those circumstances, MJ considers it possible that you may also wish to delete the file from your HD.

If you are in a "Playlists" view then MJ assumes that you are deleting the entry from the Playlist only and does not offer the option of deleting from the HD.  This also applies to the "Playing Now" list which, while not actually under the "Playlists" section, is nonetheless just another playlist.

shelly

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2002, 06:59:58 pm »

You can force the prompt in any view, if you wish to delete a file from MJ and/or your HD, by pressing Shift-Del.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2002, 07:01:42 pm »

Shelly's been reading the Help files.  Good work, Shelly.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

shelly

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2002, 07:14:55 pm »

LOL Jim.  Actually, I didn't read it until after posting the request in the wish list a few weeks ago to delete files from any view.  I quickly changed it to a request to add the delete file command to the shortcut menu in playlist views.  

Listening to: 'Samba Saravah ' from 'A Man And A Woman Soundtrack' by 'Pierre Barouh' on Media Jukebox

Shelly
Pages: [1]   Go Up