INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA & LG BD390 issue  (Read 4211 times)

bennyd

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Project Leader
DLNA & LG BD390 issue
« on: September 27, 2010, 12:30:51 am »

Fixed: DLNA server, subtitles for LG Blu-Ray (and probably others). Requires DLNAExtra and Present Subtitle resources set in advanced options as well as having the corresponding .srt or .sub file named the same as the original movie in the same folder as the original movie.

I was so happy when I saw this, thank you very much for implementing this.

We're almost there...

When I first tried this, my LG BD390 kept on crashing like before.
Then I started to do some exhaustive testing. This is my current setup:
- I have 360 movies (mixture of avi, mp4, mkv, etc.) all in one big folder called "Film"
- Most of these movies have corresponding .srt files with the same name, other movies don't

- When just taking the standard view ("all files (by date imported)"), my LG crashes when trying to browse this view

I tried to narrow down the problem, maybe one of the movies where corrupt, or the view was too big (360 movies) to show at once.
It looks like now whenever there is more than 1 movie in the view that have subtitles, my LG crashes, if I limit the view to show only 1 movie, it works fine and is showing the subtitles correctly.

Please let me know if you need some logs or any other help.

Thanks already for implementing.

Hi Bob,

Did you have the chance already to look at issue mentioned above ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

bob

• Administrator
Re: DLNA & LG BD390 issue
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:21:24 pm »

Not yet.
It works with our LG here (a newer model).
Have you checked for firmware updates? If you are current on firmware, continue below...

This will be a bit tricky to test. Can you narrow it down to a view with 2 files in it, then see if it still crashes with the "present subtitles resources" switch off (but DLNAextra still on)?

If it crashes with these settings, try turning off DLNAExtra and see if it still crashes with the same 2 file view.

Thanks!

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 03:20:45 pm »

Hi Bob,

I do have the latest firmware.

I tried your tests, here the results:
- 2 files in the view which have both subtitles, DNLAExtra turned on, present subtitles turned off, all works fine
- 2 files in the view which have both subtitles, DNLAExtra turned on, present subtitles turned on, crash when trying to browse the view
- 2 files in the view, only 1 with subtitles, DNLAExtra turned on, present subtitles turned off, all works fine
- 2 files in the view, only 1 with subtitles, DNLAExtra turned on, present subtitles turned on, all works fine

so in my opinion it looks like it's related to the "present subtitles" setting if I have more than 1 movie in the view with subtitles.
I tried it again with Nero MediaHome and this works fine with all 360 movies in 1 view

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 04:07:55 pm »

Hi Bob,

I do have the latest firmware.

I tried your tests, here the results:
- 2 files in the view which have both subtitles, DNLAExtra turned on, present subtitles turned off, all works fine
- 2 files in the view which have both subtitles, DNLAExtra turned on, present subtitles turned on, crash when trying to browse the view
- 2 files in the view, only 1 with subtitles, DNLAExtra turned on, present subtitles turned off, all works fine
- 2 files in the view, only 1 with subtitles, DNLAExtra turned on, present subtitles turned on, all works fine

so in my opinion it looks like it's related to the "present subtitles" setting if I have more than 1 movie in the view with subtitles.
I tried it again with Nero MediaHome and this works fine with all 360 movies in 1 view

Interesting, thanks for testing this, it gives me something to look at.

I'm wondering if your model requires the "present subtitles" option turned on to get the subs? Some devices do, others don't...

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:03:06 am »

Interesting, thanks for testing this, it gives me something to look at.

I'm wondering if your model requires the "present subtitles" option turned on to get the subs? Some devices do, others don't...

I think I do need the option turned on, if it's turned on, with one file in the view, the subtitles work perfect.
If I turn it off, the movie plays also, but without subtitles.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 09:10:10 am »

I think I do need the option turned on, if it's turned on, with one file in the view, the subtitles work perfect.
If I turn it off, the movie plays also, but without subtitles.
Do you have .srt files .sub files or both for each movie?

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 10:14:32 am »

only .srt files.

Most of the movies have .srt files, some have no subtitles, so no file

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 10:16:21 am »

Can you try the making a wireshark dump with a view that only contains a couple of videos with subs using the procedure outlined below?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=57668.msg402391#msg402391

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 11:15:44 am »

Can you try the making a wireshark dump with a view that only contains a couple of videos with subs using the procedure outlined below?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=57668.msg402391#msg402391

done and mailed

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 02:36:19 pm »

I think it's puking on the alternative form of subtitle presentation using captions. The next build will have that as an option (disabled by default). When you get it will you let us know if it works, thanks!

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 11:09:26 pm »

I tried with build 126, turning on "Present Caption..." but with the same result unfortunatly, my LG still crashes.

- I turned of "Present Subtitle..."
- I turned on "Present Caption..."

The only way it doesn't crash is if I both options are turned off, but then it doesn't show any subtitles.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 10:00:03 am »

I'm thinking for your player, you will only need the "present subtitle..." option set to get subs. Please let me know if that is not the case.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 10:07:13 am »

I'm thinking for your player, you will only need the "present subtitle..." option set to get subs. Please let me know if that is not the case.

This is the original problem from the beginning, if I turn this on, the LG crashes when browsing a view with more then 1 movie that has subtitles.

I also tried the new option (present caption) and all combinations, but no go

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 03:27:29 pm »

Citaat van: bob op Vandaag om 05:00:03 pm

This is the original problem from the beginning, if I turn this on, the LG crashes when browsing a view with more then 1 movie that has subtitles.

I also tried the new option (present caption) and all combinations, but no go

Hi Bob,

I'm very sorry, I didn't repeat one test.

I now repeated one test with only the option "present subtitle resource" like you suggested, and all is working fine now.

Thank you very very very much for all your effort and patience you had with me.

I'm a very very happy MC customer/user.

Benny

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 03:47:16 pm »

Thank you very very very much for all your effort and patience you had with me.
I was just thinking yesterday how patient and helpful you have been.  Thanks!  Nice to hear that it's working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up