INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Various or Compilation albums issue  (Read 1011 times)

johnno001

• Recent member
Various or Compilation albums issue
« on: October 10, 2010, 02:51:30 am »

I know that there are a number of postings for this issue and similar ones there are also notes on how MC should deal with them i.e. "Album Artist (auto)" fields and "Assorted" filing setings etc etc

I dont know if this is a bug in MC15 I have loaded v130 now - I cant under any circumstances get MC15 to file three recently imported compilation albums in a separate Artist file called "Varous Artitsts" whereas all of my previously (before MC15) compilation albums were filed without using "Album Artist (auto)" but using the file as Assorted tab and they were all contained in a folder called (Multiple Artists) exactly the way I wanted them - I do not want a "Various Artists" folder

I have tride everything (I think) I have changed all Tag fields to experiment - changing to (Multiple Artists) used to move and tag the compilations into the main (Multiple Artists) folder but nothing seems to do that now - I have tried the following

Various Artists - in Artist
(Multiple Artists) - in Artist
[Varies] - in Artist

the same above added just before the Album name

HELP!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Various or Compilation albums issue
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 08:06:58 am »

Albums will appear as "(Multiple Artists)" when the files are in the same folder (and other albums aren't in the folder), the track have differing artist values, and the track numbers are sequential starting at 1.

You can always edit the Album Artist field, and it will override the automatic "(Multiple Artists)" text.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnno001

• Recent member
Re: Various or Compilation albums issue
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:27:40 am »

Sorry perhaps I didnt expain correctly or you missunderstood my post - I have tried editing all fields related to Artist but to no avail, MC does not under any configuration move or store these new compilations into the (Multiple Artists) folder - even if I do a manual move on my source disk or a click and drag in the MC folder tree

Previously (MC v14) simply changing the main Artist tag to (Multiple Artists) was enough to move the folder and its files to the right place - this has stopped hapening recently in MC15

Has anyone else had this issue

I want to have any compilation albums together in the (Multiple Artists) folder as they used to be in MC14 is there an easier way to do this
Pages: [1]   Go Up