INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: whats link to mean , when right clicking on clients\server inside playing now?  (Read 1759 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

when i right click playing now on a client or server it says link to.. whats that do please?

also is it possible with jriver to play songs on server then goto HTPC search for servers and have it play the same song at same time on htpc?  basically allowing to have music all playing at same time through multiple places in the house!  if so how would i get jriver to accomplish this. so i can have the same music playing in all rooms, garage at the same time.

Thanks For Any Info

Vincent Kars

If you have more than one Zone in Playing Now you can link them.
They will play the same track simultaneously
http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Players/MC14/MC_Zone.htm

HTPC4ME

Thats what i want.. could you elaborate please? what does If your PC has multiple outputs you can use this for multi room audio.
mean?

Does that mean we have to run cables to other rooms? or can i just select my clients pc chose link and it will play the same track simultaneously?

Could you explain to me how i can accomplish this? im confussed from your link... right now i have a server and htpc client. the htpc client is hooked into network with Giga connection.  i open up htpc jriver's chose file library,load library, and then chose server. and it connects to the server... allowing me to see all files that are on server.  so how would i get HTPc to sync sound with server pc?

Thanks For Help With This.

Vincent Kars

My case is simple. My PC has a optical and a USB out, my DAC a optical and a USB input. So I have 2 zones.

A bit of guesswork, never tried this.
If you enable DLNA on both your PC and the HTPC I wouldn’t be surprised if the audio of the PC and the DLNA of the HTPC both appears as a zone.
Maybe the MC library server and Library Client allows you to do the same trick. Enable them on both machines and see what happen.

HTPC4ME

yeah they do. if im on same page as you.. on server under playing now it shows..  mb2r (which is servers name) and HTPc.. and on HTPC when i connect to servers library under playing now it shows mb2r and HTPc.. so if im playing music on Server (mb2r) would i right click that and chose link? or would i right click htpc on server and chose link?

Thanks sorry for my ignorance.

Vincent Kars

You can sync one to the other or visa versa.
Just as you prefer.
Simply try!

HTPC4ME

WOW Thats COOL!

3 Things..
1. so i started playing music on server, then chose to link to htpc, and it started playing on htpc first for about 15 seconds on htpc, and i didnt hear anything on main pc. then after 15 seconds, the htpc got quite, and both the htpc and the server, restarted the song. and now they are in sync. i notice if i goto next song on server that every time when i manually change to next song in playlist. it starts playing on htpc for about 10-15 seconds with no sound coming form server, then htpc gets quite and then i hear the song start over on both machines and stay sync'd until i manually change to next song.  what causes this? how come they both don't start at same time?
also if i let it play and it finishes one song, then the next song starts ALMOST at same time, but you can hear a delay. the server is about 5 seconds ahead in the song compared to the HTPC. so as it went to next track, it's lost sync by 5 seconds.

2. when i chose to unlink them from server. on server it showed them as unlinked. but in htpc it kept playing. i went to playing now on htpc clear playing now. it would clear it then start next song in playlist. i hit stop. it would stop then goto next song. i right clicked on mb2r(server) and htpc in playing now on htpc. and it didnt say they were linked? only way to get the htpc to stop playing the songs was to do a file, exit, then reload jriver. are you experiencing this as well?

3. when playing from server and linking to htpc or Clients. is it possible to change the track on clients? or do we have to goto server to change tracks? i couldnt get it to change to next track until i went back to server and chose next track.

Loving It Otherwise:) LOTS OF POTENTIAL... This Is so Cool!
Pages: [1]   Go Up