INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restricting What Images a DLNA (TV) Can See On My Win7 PC  (Read 1229 times)

Hank

• Recent member
Restricting What Images a DLNA (TV) Can See On My Win7 PC
« on: October 14, 2010, 10:36:25 am »

Hello,

My New Sony TV has a DLNA capability and it discovers my pc fine. This is very nice! I can choose the categories (on my pc) to display on the TV as well as controlled by MC options. My problem is choosing what images the TV will see. In the audio player, I can restrict my search and database to a specific path. Can I do that for images?  None of the settings seem to change the images that I can see on the TV ( from my pc).  There is a setting in Tools/Options/File/Location -  but it doesn't change anything. I can't access the images in that path on the TV.  I'm using the latest MC15 but the trial version for now. I own MC13.

Thank you,

Hank

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Restricting What Images a DLNA (TV) Can See On My Win7 PC
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 01:21:05 pm »

Hello,

My New Sony TV has a DLNA capability and it discovers my pc fine. This is very nice! I can choose the categories (on my pc) to display on the TV as well as controlled by MC options. My problem is choosing what images the TV will see. In the audio player, I can restrict my search and database to a specific path. Can I do that for images?  None of the settings seem to change the images that I can see on the TV ( from my pc).  There is a setting in Tools/Options/File/Location -  but it doesn't change anything. I can't access the images in that path on the TV.  I'm using the latest MC15 but the trial version for now. I own MC13.

Thank you,

Hank

You can customize the views that are exposed using:
Options > Media Network > DLNA Server > Customize views...

Click "Images" and pick "Set rules for file display..."

A simple example would be to add something like "Genre is not My Top Secret Genre".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hank

• Recent member
Re: Restricting What Images a DLNA (TV) Can See On My Win7 PC
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 10:17:29 am »

Thank you so much!  It works like charm! I had to complete the file specification to view just image files but this helped me to learn much about customizing views.

- Hank
Pages: [1]   Go Up