INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now Slideshow  (Read 1475 times)

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
Playing Now Slideshow
« on: October 09, 2010, 09:51:25 am »

I have MC configured to play a slideshow background ia themes in Theater View. I just added images to the Playing Nw folder in the default them and the slideshow plays in the background. I also hve the system setup to jump to Playing Now on play. I noticed that when I start playback from Theater view by selecting to play an existing playlist it jumps to playing now as I expect but the background images do now play. If I go back to the main Theater View menu and then got back to Playing Now the slideshow plays properly. Is this a bug or by Design.

Also, I'm wondering why If I right Click a playlisyt and select Play it plays shuffled as it is configured to do in options but if I open the playlist and then choose play it plays alphabetically, even though the playlist sort order is set to random. Most often my wifewill open the playlist and look at the contents and then decide to play it. Next thing I know I'm listening to the playlist alphabetically by artist.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing Now Slideshow
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 10:04:34 am »

I have MC configured to play a slideshow background ia themes in Theater View. I just added images to the Playing Nw folder in the default them and the slideshow plays in the background. I also hve the system setup to jump to Playing Now on play. I noticed that when I start playback from Theater view by selecting to play an existing playlist it jumps to playing now as I expect but the background images do now play. If I go back to the main Theater View menu and then got back to Playing Now the slideshow plays properly. Is this a bug or by Design.

its a bug in the design.
playing now in the file structure and skin has many places
playing now
*\playing now
*\*\playing now
*\*\*\playing now
etc
depending on how you have setup the schemes in thv. so the playing now folder in the theme can only be used when entering playing now from the root.

:)
gab

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 10:41:42 am »

That makes sense. Is there any way to create a folder structure that would play a slideshow in that scenario? I don't mind a duplicate set of images in another fiolder if I have to.
It would be greate if I could just put an M3U playlist in the folder and have the slideshow play from the original location rather than copy them to the theme folder. Right now I use a playlist with some random images from the past 90 days and use the MC copy feature to copy to the theme folder.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 04:30:14 pm »

no, i have no idea for the folder structure. the *\*\*\playing now could look like
audio\the trembling horses\on the brink of extinction\playing now
so every band or every genre artist etc has its own playing now instance. that would be to much i guess.  8)
in the skinning the * helps a bit.

:)
gab

edit: what i did, is that i made a button on my remote and keyboard that brings me to playin now.. the playing now you enter from the root. and i disabled the jump to playing now for audio. partly because of this, partly because i kept pressing back buttons before i came to images or any other start of a  quest from the root.
works for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up