INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow Audio Extraction  (Read 593 times)

cdrmaker

Slow Audio Extraction
« on: June 18, 2002, 09:08:32 am »

I Have a Plexwriter 40/12/40a as the master (and Only) drive on my secondry IDE Channel with transer mode set to "DMA If available. It should be able to extract audio very fast. The First few Times, it did, about 15x. However now I only 6x max. When I check the transfer mode, althouth the option is still set at "DMA if available" the "current transfer mode" is PIO. Plextor Tech Support says MJ might have a log file which tells the plexwriter which speed to extract at. if so, what is it and can I delete it to increase my extraction speed. (windows Xp P4 1.6)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Slow Audio Extraction
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 04:52:14 am »

I've heard something about XP sometimes switching drives from DMA to PIO for no good reason, but I'm not sure of the details. I assume you've tried powering down the computer and restarting. Check that the speed on the "devices settings" page in MJ is set to "Max", copy mode should be "digital large buffer", and the type field should be "IDE". Have you been using the same encoder with the same settings the whole time (both for the 15X rips and the current ones)?

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Joshua

RE:Slow Audio Extraction
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 12:58:07 pm »

Did you turn on rip/encode simultaneously? Make sure it's turned off for max ripping speed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up