INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem getting Zap2xml to download to correct palce after Win10 preview install  (Read 4036 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I installed the Win10 preview (build 10130) on my HTPC, and I had to setup Task Scheduler to run Zap2xml program.
Before Win10 (when I was running Win7) the Zap2xml would download/create a xmltv.xml file on my D:\XMLTV folder, which is where the program starts from.

After the Win10 install the Task Scheduler says the Zap2xml process "completed successfully" but there is no xmltv.xml file in the D:\XMLTV folder.

So I ran it from the Command Prompt and it downloaded/created the xmltv.xml in the Windows\SysWOW64 folder.

The action in Task Scheduler is: D:\XMLTV\Zap2xml.exe -Y 32766 -Z USA-OTA32766 (same as it always has been)

Then I added the optional "-o D:\XMLTV" to end the Zap2 action but still not working. Maybe it a permissions issue of some sort, but I can't find anything different than when it worked on Win7.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I keep plugging away this weekend.

CountryBumkin

Got it figured out. I had to add the extra option "-o" to the string to set the output path and file name. I didn't need this (-o) before - but now it's working again.

So its now setup as  D:\xmltv\zap2xml.exe -Z 32766 -Y USA-OTA3766 -o D:\xmltv\xmltv.xml

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Thanks for sharing your findings.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up