INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No RAW previews  (Read 1052 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
No RAW previews
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:20:59 am »

Just starting a thread on this as it seems that j.River are having success with raw images while I am having none.

My setup is:

• HP Mediasmart WHS (1 gig ram, 1gbps wired ethernet) running MC15 library server. All canon utilities for my camera installed, and quicktime. Raw settings are set to use cache (no limit on space) at "faster" build speed. Image conversion settings in the network settings set to jpeg 720.
  • Various MC library server clients (VAIO WinXP laptop, VAIO Vista HTPC, VMWare Fusion running Vista)
  • RAW images mostly taken with a Canon 7D

None of my LS clients are able to see either pop-up thumbnails, or image previews (when clicking on the magnifying glass) for RAW files. The all work fine for jpegs.
Have tried deleting the raw cahce.
Have restarted server computer numerous times.

That's all I can think of for now. Will try grabbing some logs over the weekend.

Thanks for any help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No RAW previews
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 09:26:29 am »

When you play from the client, does that work? 

Are you sure the client is set to convert?  If you pick a size like 640x480, it will be easy to tell.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 09:33:12 am »

When playing a file, I can zoom in up to 5000%. On a 1080 apple cinema display, when viewing the image at 100% it is much much bigger than the screen, which would lead me to believe that the RAW cache isnt being used.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 09:34:16 am »

It sounds like perhaps you do not have image conversion enabled.

On the client:
Options > Media Network > Library Server Client > Image Conversion: JPEG (640 x 480)

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 07:57:00 am »

I am now seeing pop-up previews. I dont know why I wasnt before. I havent changed anything in the last couple of days. But I'm still not seeing large previews when clicking on the magnifying glass. Can you confirm that that should be working too Matt?
Thanks

Brian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 12:59:27 pm »

I am now seeing pop-up previews. I dont know why I wasnt before. I havent changed anything in the last couple of days. But I'm still not seeing large previews when clicking on the magnifying glass. Can you confirm that that should be working too Matt?
Thanks

Brian

If you have time, you could run Fiddler and see what's the server is returning.  Perhaps it's timing out on the request because the image isn't cached yet?

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 08:59:16 am »

Just a follow-up on this.

Connecting to the library in read only mode gives me previews in the preview mode every time. Just a little bit of a wait.
Connecting via library server gives me nothing (thumbnails but no previews or playback). Both with the "Image conversion" set to 720 jpeg, or set to "No conversion".

I still havent tested with fiddler, but I'd be surprised if it were a network issue on my home gigbit lan.

Also, one question. Are there any concrete plans on implementing xmp sidecar file support for raw images? I find myself becoming more and more dependant on Adobe Bridge and the fact that they dont play nicely together (tagging wise) is causing me major headaches.
Pages: [1]   Go Up