INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting Hi Res Flac files  (Read 1464 times)

iwf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Converting Hi Res Flac files
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:00:24 am »

I've fairly large collection of flac files, a number of which are hi res ie 24/88 and 24/96.

I'm having another go with Sonos, but want to retain MC for hi res playback and managing libraries.  Sonos as yet wont play 24/96 or actually anything above 16/48. I've created a portable device on another part of my NAS which the Sonos reads reasonably well.

However I can't find a way to convert the hi res flac files to 16/44 flac files.  I can convert the files to MP3, but that seems a bridge too far and I'm concerned I'll lose quality. ALAC I assume would work too but I can't find a converter within MC to do that either. Ideallly I'd like to find a way to force just the Hi res files to be converted to 16/44 leaving everything as is. The flac encoder options only include file size not bit rate.

Make no mistake I'm not giving up on MC, but Mrs iwf has always struggled with MC, even though I've tried her with remote stuff running off an ipad. She thinks Sonos with spotify is wonderful and has even agreed further investment, which in itself is a first!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up