INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 questions and 2 ideas  (Read 517 times)

Imaginer

2 questions and 2 ideas
« on: June 18, 2002, 01:39:10 am »

Question 1:
When you create a bunch of categories for your music and set everything up just how you like, if you would reinstall everything on another computer, is there one small master file that keeps track of all the folders and subfolders and such?  By that I mean as long as I kept the file and folders names the same, and imported my "master file", I wouldn't have to redo everything, right?

Question 2:
Can I be assured that whatever updates are made to the program in the future I won't have to redo all my categories and import all my music again when updating?

Idea 1:
Allow users to control crossfade based on the song.  Some songs end with vocals and crossfading them hurts the sound more than it helps.  Others begin with vocals and not hearing the begining hurts the song.  Perhaps users could select an option to start with fade, end with fade, or no fade based on each song.  Not a very big issue, but it would be nice.

Idea 2:

I love the database features in this program.  But creating lots of different categories has the downside of having to scroll through them all in that little window.  Having used MS Access for years now, I feel it would be great if you would make a form editor to select how to display the options you create.  Example follows:

_ = the check box

Media Jukebox now:

_ Category 1
_ Category 2
_ Category 3
_ Category 4
_ Category 5
_ Category 6
_ Category 7
_ Category 8
_ Category 9
_ Category 9

With user crated form view You'd get a much cleaner view for selecting your filter options.

form view like MS access:
code:

===========================================================

========Style of Music=======  ===========Tempo============
= _ Category 1 _ Category 2 =  = _ Slow  _ Medium  _ Fast =
= _ Category 3 _ Category 4 =  ============================
= _ Category 5 _ Category 6 =  
= _ Category 7 _ Category 8 =  =========Lead Vocal=========
= _ Category 9 _ Category 10=  =     _ Male  _ Female     =

Might be a bit much for some users, but I'd love it personally.

-Imaginer
Pages: [1]   Go Up