INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug in MC15 Tag editing functionality?  (Read 1222 times)

yonkiman

• World Citizen
Bug in MC15 Tag editing functionality?
« on: October 17, 2010, 11:56:21 am »

I discovered this while responding to the "Does Replay Gain in MC15 alter the files ?" thread, but figure it deserves its own thread.

In MC15, if I select a song and pull up the Tag bar, it shows the most popular 7 tags.  Fine.  But when I select "Show All Tags", it still just shows those 7 tags.  Same with adding a field via "Also Show".

This works fine in MC14, for 1 song as well as 23,000 songs.

It's possible that this is related to MC15's failure to remember my library after it imports it from MC14 (see my "MC15 doesn't remember MC14 library import thread").

I ran "update library from tags" to see if that might help.  It read the tags from all my files, then locked up.  Again, it could all be related to the library import issue...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Bug in MC15 Tag editing functionality?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 12:49:27 pm »

Certainly something is not right.

I have well over one hundred fields in "Action Window > Tag" when it is set to "show all tags". See the attached screenshot.

It might be best to fully uninstall MC15 using its uninstaller (tick also the "remove registry entries" setting) and do a clean install before retrying to restore your MC14 library.

If that does not help, as a test, you could create a new library to a location that is outside the application data path (e.g. to C:\MC15library\ or a similar simple path) and retry the restore when that library is active.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:57:26 pm »

It might also be good to try the restore without restoring the settings (it is optional). This is a wild guess, but perhaps your MC14 settings contain something that makes MC15 go nuts.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

yonkiman

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 04:53:30 pm »

It might also be good to try the restore without restoring the settings (it is optional). This is a wild guess, but perhaps your MC14 settings contain something that makes MC15 go nuts.

Good guess, but I've tried it both with and without restoring the settings (the first time I tried it was without "restore settings" checked, and that's when I first had the problem).  I'm sure it's related to whatever makes MC15 not remember the imported MC14 library, which I'm still trying to figure out.

yonkiman

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 05:13:45 pm »

It might be best to fully uninstall MC15 using its uninstaller (tick also the "remove registry entries" setting) and do a clean install before retrying to restore your MC14 library.

That did it.  After I completely uninstalled, the database (including settings) worked like a charm.

If I had to guess, I'd say some MC15 setting was corrupted by whatever the  "Read-only library error from build 130" was (since I did get that error), but the combination of a complete uninstall and reinstall of 132 solved the problem.

Thanks,
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up