INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems uploading to Facebook  (Read 2124 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Problems uploading to Facebook
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:00:49 am »

Just so there's an Interact topic and in case anybody else is having problems. Using version 130 and log file already sent to Matt.

I have over 1300 photos that I have spent a couple days tagging and organizing into a playlist. I now want to upload them to Facebook. I have 2 accounts and with my main account I did some tests and everything worked fine. The other account is just a temporary one to do this uploading because I need to move the photos into a Fan Page and there is no other way with Facebook to do so, and MC can't upload directly to a fan page. I do realize I can only have 200 photos per album but am trying right now to do just one photo.

I connect with MC to the temporary account and it logs in fine. I then get the prompting screen to upload the files to an existing album or create a new one. I have 2 albums right now on that account with one photo each but nothing is being displayed as an existing album. It worked fine with my main account showing all my albums.

So I selected to create a new album. As soon as I do the upload I get "Upload failed". No other information given to me as why. If I log into the account on the web, MC created the album but there of course is no photos in it.
Jeff

gappie

Re: Problems uploading to Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:42:00 am »

i also get the upload failed when sending it to my own account.

:)
gab

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:51:58 am »

I had the same problem last week, but it worked ok when I tried leaving the description/location blank.  Not sure if this was just coincidence.

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 02:00:30 pm »

i also get the upload failed when sending it to my own account.
Oh good, it's not just me. But I do need to get this working ASAP as I spent all that time editing captions in MC over the weekend.

I'm not entering description/location.
Jeff

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 04:33:00 pm »

The facebook permissions changed. We can't get a list of albums any more without asking for specific permission. Checking into how to do this...

dcwebman

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 07:43:31 am »

The facebook permissions changed. We can't get a list of albums any more without asking for specific permission. Checking into how to do this...
Thanks for the response Bob. Is the permissions the reason you can't create a new album either? Seems interesting that it works fine on some profiles but not others.
Jeff

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 05:12:28 pm »

gonna follow this one.  I will have a bunch of photos on 11/7 that I'll want to upload to facebook.  Hoping this is working again by then.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 03:14:34 pm »

Thanks for the response Bob. Is the permissions the reason you can't create a new album either? Seems interesting that it works fine on some profiles but not others.
After digging in to the various api's and doing a bunch of testing, I can't figure out how you are getting different behavior between different users. The Facebook permissions changed on June 30th. It probably depends on whether or not you had the app installed to your profile before or after that time, but it seems like MC shouldn't be able to post new pics unless you let everyone post to your account.

Anyway, it's fixed in the next build, explicitly asking for the permission to deal with photos. If you run into trouble, go into your profile and delete the application "Media Center". Next time you use it in MC, it'll ask for all the permissions again. If you don't delete it, it should just ask one time for the ability to post photos.

dcwebman

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 07:53:35 am »

Thanks Bob. I wish I had checked the forum last night so I'll have to wait until tonight to try it. Thanks!
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 10:03:42 pm »

Bob, uploading to Facebook is working great again. Thanks!
Jeff

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 10:18:52 am »

Thanks for reporting it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up