INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Shuffle mode like the old ACDSee  (Read 3819 times)

carbo

• World Citizen
Feature Request: Shuffle mode like the old ACDSee
« on: October 23, 2010, 11:13:11 am »

A long long time ago (before I switched to MC...11 !) I used ACDSee to watch and organize my pictures. It was a pretty good tool and the one thing I really miss is the way it managed the shuffle mode.
In MC, it shuffles the order of the playing now list, in ACDSee the order was kept but the slide show mode "jumped" from position randomly. You had 2 set of actions available:
- display next / previous random file (random order was kept to allow display of previous files) (space and backspace)
- display next / previous file according to list order (page up / page down)

This behaviour is really great when you display a slide show with several albums. By default they are displayed randomly but if one file of an album really catches your eyes, you have the possibility to see other pictures of the same album.

For example, you display a slide show of famous paintings. shuffle mode switch automatically from Rembrandt to Van Gogh, Monet... At one time you see a painting from Kandinsky. With previous next button you can see other paintings from him without exiting from slide show mode.

My vision of this shuffle mode in MC:
- a new shuffle option. (the actual behaviour should be kept, it's great for music)
- when this option is activated, nothing change in the playing now list. It's only when MC choose the next file to display that it should "jump" randomly in the list. This random order should be kept in memory by MC in order to prevent selection of already played files and to allow "previous" button
- page up page down still display the next / previous random files
- left and right arrow display the next / previous file of the list when the "Playing now" OSD is displayed.

I'm not sure I'm very clear  :-[ but I think it would be a nice addition to MC

Cheers,

Guillaume
Pages: [1]   Go Up