INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playlist= broken  (Read 876 times)

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
playlist= broken
« on: October 27, 2010, 10:49:05 am »

I have a number of Smartlists for organizing a subset of music onto my iPod. The first Smartlist is "All iPod", which performs the filtering. After that, a number of secondary Smartlists use playlist="All iPod" to catgorize music from the subset.

This has worked well for years. Now, when I look at a secondary Smartlist, I see the odd expression shown in the image and can no longer create or edit such Smartlists. If I click OK while viewing the rules for a secondary Smartlist - even without editing any field - the secondary Smartlist no longer works. If I look at the Import/Export text field, it's the same before and after, but the Smartlist no longer limits its entries to those in "All iPod".

This image shows "Playlists" as pluralized, but using playlist= or p= does not work either. This Smartlist actually works, as long as I don't press OK at this point. After that, it will no longer work.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: playlist= broken
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:37:57 am »

have you tried to set the playlists is any to the all ipod playlist. using the dropdown. mc will use the number internally, as you can see when clicking on import\export.

:)
gab

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
Re: playlist= broken
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 03:47:51 pm »

Have you tried to set the playlists is any to the all ipod playlist?
Yes, but the rightmost combo box is not populated. It contains only the value "<empty>". Oddly, the primary (leftmost) combo box contains two entries: Playlists and Playlists. Both are pluralized.

I can make it work by using Custom with playlist="All iPod".
Pages: [1]   Go Up