INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to move YouTube songs to audio section?  (Read 982 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to move YouTube songs to audio section?
« on: October 27, 2010, 09:19:52 am »

I downloaded quite a large number of old italian songs from YouTube. That works really nice. OK, they are videos, but the main scope is the song, so I would like to have them in the audio section rather than the video section.

Couldn't find out a way to move them over to the audio section. Is that possible? How can it be done? Thank you for helping!

gappie

Re: How to move YouTube songs to audio section?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:47:50 am »

it is possible. i also mix some videoos with my audio and with my image views.
now for audio it depends a bit on how you organize your material.
but saa you have downloaded them with mc then this might work:
right click on the audio tree. choose customize view>set rules for files display. click import\export and paste the next rule in there:
Code: [Select]
([Media Type]=[Audio] or ([Media Type]=[Video] and -[Web Media URL]=[]))you can see how the 'or' and 'and'  are set in the search.
hope it helps to give an idea.

:)
gab

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 01:46:10 pm »

Gappie, many thanks for your suggestion. It worked right away.

Also I found out, that you can enter anything in the field [Web Media Url], eg. "xxx" and it still works. For some early downloaded files (last August) this field was empty. But they also were just downloaded and not imported automatically. I had to import them manually, so they were displayed in an audio view only after entering something in this field. The other ones have very long url's impossible to decipher and are probably no longer necessary after download as the files play without problem.

Nonetheless:
a. The files still show up in Video>Web-Media>My Connected Media.
b. I would expect them to be displayed in Audio>Web-Media>MyConnected Media as the YouTube link is being displayed in the Audio section.
c. The solution is kind of a workaround. I would prefer a more graceful solution, for instance being able to decide whether I would like to download the file s in the audio, video or image section.

Unfortunately, there is no documentation around about this topic. :'(

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:14:56 pm »

Connected Media provides a way to browse, play and download web media. Don't allow it to confuse the way local media is handled. When selecting a media link, you're given the option to play, link or download. If you select download, the file becomes part of your media collection—like any other. It will be included in any view (audio, image or video) that includes it in it's Rules for file display. The [Web Media URL] is recorded, but it's only relevant as a record of the original source of the file. As you've discovered, it may not be the best attribute to use in your Rules for file display.

Something that is a little different—and useful to understand—is that when you choose to record a link rather than download, the URL is also recorded as the [Filename]. MC will treat this as any other file in the library—it may be tagged and included in any view. This is particularly useful for including streaming media (e.g., Internet Radio) in the library.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »

Thanks rick.ca for clarification! Simply changing the media type from video to audio was the better solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up