INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I reset the "Complete Album" field  (Read 823 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Can I reset the "Complete Album" field
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:35:35 am »

Morning!

Been reviewing my lossless library and have decided to do a major house cleaning. Here's the current workflow:

1. Identify those albums that have just a song or two that warrants plays
2. Take an MP3 copy (via MC) of the whole album for casual listening/archiving
3. Move the lossless album out of the library to a work folder
4. Delete the crap
5. Re-import the album with just the "keepers" to maintaining my standard Artist\Album\[Track#] [Title] format. Plus the cover of the orginal album

This has been working great - except upon re-import - a few of these albums (which now have only a track or two) are appearing in my Recent Albums view - which has a specific set of parameters - the most important being the Complete Album field (set to true). I want this view to reflect ONLY full albums and not ones containing just a track or two.

The odd part is - some are behaving (MC "resetting" the Complete Album field) but some are not. How does MC calculate this Complete Album field and can I reset it to False on those albums that just have a track or two?

Cheers!

VP

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
BUG: "Complete Album" field
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:52:08 pm »

Okay....I found what looks like a bug of some sort here.

Keeping with my housecleaning theme and ensuring my folder and naming conventions are consistent (Artist\Album\[Track #] [Title]) I have an album that has 10 tracks - but I only want Tracks 1 and 3 to appear in the library. So I load up the album in Tag N Rename....clip the tracks I do not want and keep tracks 1 and 3. If I re-import this into MC - MC treats it like a "complete album" because it sees a "Track 1" incoming. I verified that two fields (Album Type) and (Complete Album) get pre-filled by MC. And of course this Album with just 2 songs now appears in my Recent Albums (which only displays full albums) view - which I do not want.

However - If edit the track number of the first track (and only the first track) to read "2" instead of "1"...MC now treats it as an incomplete album and sets the Album Type as Incomplete and the Complete Album Flag to false.....

While I think I understand the logic here....MC seeing a "Track 1" etc - it's making some bold assumptions. Like if I was to bring in a set of singles that I wanted to appear as singles and not albums....so is my only workaround to make sure I never have a "track 1" on any of these albums that just contain a small subset of songs?

Appreciate any tips or advice on this one...one fix would be to allow us to edit the Complete Album and/or the Album Type field....?

EDIT: Setting all tracks to Track "1" resets the Complete Album field and the Album Type..... :)

Cheers!

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up