INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Touch Screen Jukebox Skin  (Read 5575 times)

Guinness77

• Recent member
Touch Screen Jukebox Skin
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:49:10 pm »

I posted this under MC16, but thought it might get more responses here:

It looks like I am not able to create the skin I want by just fooling around with the theater view options.  

I think that having a real "jukebox" skin that limited access would be appealing to many people.  The software I use now has a pretty good following, but is just not as advanced or slick as this.  When I have a party I want to be able to just have people click on a letter or browse through the albums and add the song to the queue.  I do not want them to be able to change the volume, skip the song, etc..   Being able to click on the queue to see what is coming up next is nice too.  To exit the program, modify the queue etc.. would require a password.   I really like the 3D graphics of this program, and the great sound quality.

Is this something that is even possible with this program via a custom skin, or is it not feasible?  I would be willing to pay a fee for a skin to be created like this.

Thanks!

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
Re: Touch Screen Jukebox Skin
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 12:38:12 pm »

Sounds like some sweet parties!
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 01:19:12 pm »

Go to view===> Party mode
You 'll not have all the restrictions like volume change but it protect you're settings.

Guinness77

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 02:50:21 pm »

Thanks,
I have tried that but I need even more restrictions / ease of use.

I have some pretty good parties (at least I would like to think so :) ), and need a simpler interface (just like a commercial jukebox you see in a bar).

I have my touchscreen mounted in the wall, so people can just walk up and add songs to the queue.  I do not want people able to change the volume, etc..  (after a few drinks people can get wild).  The software I use now is perfect for this, it just is not as polished with the 3d graphics, zones etc...   

Are there people out there that would create a skin like this for a fee?  Is it even possible?

instigator

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 04:32:00 pm »

I do not think you can apply restrictions through the skin. And is worse through Theater skin.
I'm not sure if I understood you well, but I think the only solution (ugly one) is removing the controller buttons and the volume bar from the Standard Skin that you use. Obviously, still have access through the menu and shortcut keys and so on.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 08:38:08 pm »

If you want to fork out the coin, Cinemar Mainlobby / Musiclobby does this very well and pulls from MC. Not cheap, though...

Guinness77

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 11:23:03 am »

Instigator:

Thanks.  I guess I will have to use my current software unless I can live without any restrictions. How much can one modify the theater view screen?

Imugli:
I just shot over and took a look, but it seems like the newest version 3.75 does not support jriver.  Is that correct?

Thanks

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Re: Touch Screen Jukebox Skin
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 06:53:35 pm »

That looks correct. Sorry, it's been a while since I last checked it out...
Pages: [1]   Go Up