INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing tag to transfer info to comments field  (Read 805 times)

wirelessdj

Editing tag to transfer info to comments field
« on: October 29, 2010, 07:40:39 am »

The primary reason I am interested in this program is the feature called "intensity".  I have searched endlessly for a program that will give me a rough idea of the beat intensity of a song.  I messed around with Tangerine! and it does not allow me to update the id3 tags just generate useless playlists.  

So here is my one question:

After Media Center calculates the Intensity, is there a way that I can edit the tags and transfer the information to the comments field (either manually or automatically).  In other words, is there a way to select all the Intensity "5"'s and and edit the "Comments" field to have the number 5?  I don't mind doing this manually.  If I can get this to work, my DJ program can use the information when outside of Media Center.

Regards,
WirelessDJ

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
Re: Editing tag to transfer info to comments field
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 07:59:28 am »

right click on your files > library tools > move copy fields

it's a very easy process

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:35:23 am »

You could also select every single file, then edit the comment field for the entire selection by typing in: =[intensity] and when you press enter, the intensity value for each file will be copied into its respective comment field. Note that in doing this, any existing comment data will be replaced by the incoming intensity data.

If you wanted to keep any existing comment data, you would do the same as above, but use something like: =[comment] * Intensity - [intensity] instead.

Try a couple before going wholesale to get an idea of what it's doing.

-marko.

wirelessdj

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 03:22:02 pm »

Thank you for reply   ;D 
Pages: [1]   Go Up