INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with replay gain saving  (Read 1068 times)

shelly

Problems with replay gain saving
« on: June 16, 2002, 07:30:33 pm »

In the present build, replay gain analysis needs to be run twice before the changes are saved.  I need to run the anaysis, close properties, reopen them, run the analysis a 2nd time.  Now the changes will stick and replay gain anlaysis displays 'done' when opened a third time.  Can anyone else duplicate this?

Shelly (still smiling cause the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup Next Page)

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
RE:Problems with replay gain saving
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 05:54:16 am »

Hi Shelly,

No, here it works as advertized.
Select files, open proprieties, analyze, close

If I reselect and re-open proprieties and re-analyze, first of all I see the previously analyzed values for Radio Gain and Peak Level in the replay gain panel, and if a re-analyze the files are skipped since I have the "Skip analyzed files" checkbox enabled

Claudio

shelly

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2002, 06:42:32 am »

Claudio,

Would you please try to perform an analysis, change a value in a custom field, close properties.  I just ran the analysis on several files.  Those I closed without changing any other information, indicated 'done' in the status column when reopened.  However, those that I changed the value in one of the custom fields, displayed 'queued' in the status column when reopened.  Thanks Next Page

Shelly

shelly

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2002, 06:59:30 am »

Duplicate post

shelly

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2002, 07:00:58 am »

I just performed a search on the saving of replay gain and found the following post from RemyJ on 6/8, which duplicates what I'm experiencing:
_______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Finally finished ripping my library (~10,500 tracks) and have been analyzing replay gain in batches of 800-1000. After the first few batches, I started setting the CUSTOM1 field to "GAINED" so I'd remember where I left off.
Tonight I'm browsing through my library and playing with some DSP settings and I realize that most of the songs I'm listening to show "Replay Gain (for current track)" as 0.0 when I KNOW I analyzed them before. It turns out that all 8000 tracks I analyzed and set the CUSTOM1 field on never saved their gain settings.

So after a little experimentation I found that...

As each track is analyzed, the proper tags are written to the file.
When the analyze dialog is dismissed, you're left with the properties dialog BUT...
the cached track info in the properties dialog isn't updated with the new gain settings SO...
If you then modify a field and save, you actually rewrite the tags with OLD gain value which in my case was always 0.0 since the tracks were just ripped. Sigh.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Shelly

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2002, 09:44:57 am »

Hi Shelly,

Good find! Yes I get the same behaviour. I'll have to remember doing all the tag editing before I analyze, until this is fixed.

Claudio

shelly

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2002, 03:49:23 pm »

Thanks, Claudio.  Jim or Matt, can this be fixed in next release, please?

Shelly

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2002, 06:02:01 am »

Thanks for all the details.

This will be fixed shortly in a maintenance release to 8.0.

Thanks again and sorry for the hassles.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up