INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable iRock! not showing  (Read 1392 times)

honnt

Portable iRock! not showing
« on: June 16, 2002, 06:38:50 pm »

LOVE MJ8....!!  But... just bought my first portable, and iRock 520, which according to documentation is supported with a plug-in, but no showy in the device lists.  Other s/w sees the rock, and it works, but MJ doesn't appear to even be looking for it...

Any ideas?? Thanx in advance.

honnt

RE:Portable iRock! not showing
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2002, 06:40:34 pm »

>>LOVE MJ8....!! But... just bought my first portable, and iRock 520, which according to documentation is supported with >>a plug-in, but no showy in the device lists. Other s/w sees the rock, and it works, but MJ doesn't appear to even be >>looking for it...

That should have been WITHOUT a plug-in...  Next Page

Steve

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2002, 06:15:23 am »

Have you looked for the drive letter associated with your iRock under CD, DVD, & Handhelds in the tree? If not, under "My Computer" does your system see the iRock?

honnt

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2002, 03:01:12 am »

My iRock! is a 520 model, 64 MB, not using any SMC at this point. It does NOT show up either in "My Computer" as a drive, nor in the tree-view in MJ as a device or drive....

Would LOVE to be able to use MJ to control the iRock!...MJ does absolutely everything I want it to with this ONE exception! Thanx a million....

Steve

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2002, 05:59:39 am »

honnt,

The iRock we have here to test is a model 680. It shows up as a removable drive and because of this is detected by MJ without a Plug-in. If your iRock is detected with other software correctly, but does not appear under "My Computer" then there is some additional information we need from iRock to support your model. If your iRock does not connect with other software and does not appear under "My Computer" then you most likely do not have the appropriate drivers installed for the iRock.

Since you do not see your iRock under "My Computer" can you confirm that you can still connect to it with other software. If so, I can try to be in touch with our contact at iRock to get what we need to support your model.

Thanks,

Steve

TBone

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2002, 10:31:55 am »

Yeah!  Another iRock user, the 520 is a great product but I believe it differs from the 600 series, i.e., it doesn't show up as a mapped drive.  My iRock doesn't show up anywhere in My Computer, Windows Explorer, etc.  I can access my iRock using their crappy Rio clone software but it crashes a lot.  I can also access my iRock using MusicMatch, but I love MJ and have too much time invested in it.  I'll offer to help test, troubleshoot, etc. if it helps MJ establish iRock 500 series support.

PS
The iRock 500 series is supposed to be Rio 500 WDM compliant.  So, to use MusicMatch with an iRock you download the Rio 500 plug-in.  This doesn't work in MJ, i.e., using the MJ Rio 500 plug-in, but maybe with a little tweaking it could work.

Steve

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2002, 10:51:11 am »

TBone,

Thanks for the info. If the iRock 500 series is Rio 500 compatible, I might be able to create something that will work. I had success with doing a similar thing for the iPaq. There are two Rio SDK's available. If the iRock you have is based on the Rio SDK we have, we are going to be in great shape. If not, we are out of luck. Could you email me at steve @ jriver.com if you are willing to do some testing and I will send you a modified Plug-in to get to the bottom of this.

Honnt,

If you are willing to help test, please email me as well.

Thanks.

honnt

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2002, 03:51:17 pm »

I echo tbone's comments exactly...my 520 doesn't show up under My Computer or Explorer, but it does work with the iRock! Audio Manager that came with it.. and sometimes it works with Windows Media Player 7... but not always!

Like tbone, I've grown to love EVERYTHING about MJ, but just wish I could transfer to my 520 from it.  I would LOVE to help test, troubleshoot or help in any way to enable support for this...

PS Steve, I've emailed you... let me know

TBone

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2002, 01:52:16 pm »

Steve,
Just sent you an Email to help test.  Don't be afraid to ask me to run a bunch of them, I'm recently self-employed!  

Honnt,
Yep, I remember Media Player working once, but now it doesn't work with my iRock 520.  Weird.....  Here's an iRock user tip: I bought my iRock to go cycling but it didn't have a clip like the Yepp.  So, I bought one of those generic cell phone clips that has one piece that goes on your cell phone with double sided tape and the other piece is a belt clip.  Works like a charm!
Pages: [1]   Go Up