INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC crashes if the internet connection is unavailable  (Read 929 times)

Bonex

• Recent member
MC crashes if the internet connection is unavailable
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:40:58 pm »

Hi there!
I'm having this problem with MC crashing when it fails to download the images for the Theatre View background.

I have MC running in my htpc in theatre view mode, and set to show the artists photos in the background.
Since some old build, if the internet connection is for any reason unavailable, when I'm browsing the albums of an artist or when I'm listening to some song, MC menu navigation becomes unresponsive and after a while MC crashes.
This happens only when it is in Theatre View mode. If it is in standard view then no problems, but when I switch to theatre view, after a while, again, it crashes.
If the connection is on, the images are downloaded correctly and MC never crashes.

I've tried some old builds and found that 15.073 gives no problem.

I'm using MC 15.142 at the moment, running on Win XP SP3 (fresh install made some days ago).

I've sent you a few logs by email to logs at jriver dot com.

mdx1

• World Citizen
Re: MC crashes if the internet connection is unavailable
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:06:13 pm »

I ran into the same problem with the MC crashing.  It is caused by the memory leak.  It was in the theater mode doing the slide show playing all the songs as I was trying to burn in the DAC.  

Your Internet connection problem might be related to the memory issue.  The Internet connection may become unavailable when the memory is exhausted.  

Here is the link to my thread.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60337.0
Nelson

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:47:14 am »

This should be solved in a coming build:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60337.0

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bonex

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 08:27:12 pm »

Your Internet connection problem might be related to the memory issue.  The Internet connection may become unavailable when the memory is exhausted.  

No, its the opposite. It's the crash that is caused in some way when the connection is off. My htpc is not directly connected to the internet, it is connected to my work pc and shares the connection. Obviously, when the work pc is off, the htpc can't connect to the internet. The old 15.073 build used to cicle between the three default images (the ones with the piano keyboard, loudspeakers and guitar chords) when the internet was off.

Anyway, I read the other thread too and a new build addressing these issues is coming. I'm looking forward to it.
Thank you Matt!
Pages: [1]   Go Up