INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Gap Between Playback of Tracks?  (Read 1203 times)

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
Small Gap Between Playback of Tracks?
« on: December 15, 2010, 08:05:29 am »

I am using JRMC15 with an ASUS PC Laptop (Windows 7 x64). I store files in FLAC format on a 1.5TB Samsung Story USB External Hard Drive. DAC used is the Naim DAC with Naim XPS power supply. Interface is M2Tech Evo powered by rechargeable lithium battery.

Everything is working fine apart from a slight gap between the playback of consecutive tracks on a album. This is not generally a problem but with a live album or studio recording in which one track segues into another without pause it is a bit of a pain.

I have my playback options set to memory play. This was recommended by another user on the Naim Audio Forum. He claims that memory playback sounds better than streaming playback from the hard drive. I have general settings set for gapless playback. The gap is obviously caused by the hard drive loading the file into memory.

Can I change any setting to ensure that memory playback works without this small gap or should I not use memory playback. If memory playback gives better sound then I would like to stay with it. if it doesn't then I'm not fussed either way.

Thanks in anticipation of help and replies.

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Small Gap Between Playback of Tracks?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:08:26 pm »

Hi,

Option>Playback Options>Track Change....what do these settings look like?

thanks
hifi

JazzDoc

• World Citizen
Re: Small Gap Between Playback of Tracks?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 05:17:53 am »

Switch Tracks: Gapless
Do not play silence (Unchecked)
Use gapless for sequential album tracks (Checked)

Last night I tried increasing pre-buffering for 6 to 10 seconds. Haven't had the problem since
Pages: [1]   Go Up