INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AMG Link not functioning properly  (Read 1206 times)

cgbissett

• Recent member
AMG Link not functioning properly
« on: November 14, 2010, 03:44:24 pm »

The AMG link is not inputting the artist name automatically.  It does open the AMG home page, however previously it would go straight into the artist info. All other links are working correctly.  I have never altered the Link settings. Secondly the Wiki link works correctly, however it needs to automatically input band after the name of a selected artist. Example:
when I select the artist 'Spear of Destiny' from my library and go to Wiki it displays the mythical spear, when you search 'Spear of Destiny (Band)' it displays the artist. Any ideas on how I could add 'Band' to the automated Wiki search, would be welcome.

Regards Craig

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: AMG Link not functioning properly
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 07:00:13 pm »

The following addition seems to work fine for Wiki entries that do have "(band)" as part of the wiki page name. It does not, however, seem to work that great for bands that are not attached to a disambiguation page (and as such have no "band" added to their page reference). Personally, I prefer to leave the search as it is stock and just quickly click to the disambiguation page. There might be a better way to do this, but I can't think of an obvious method.
Code: [Select]
http:////en.wikipedia.org//wiki//Special:Search?search=Hexify([Search] (band))&go=Go
AMG altered their searches recently. The following worked correctly for me with the new system:
Code: [Select]
http:////www.allmusic.com//search//artist//[artist]You could change the artist to album here and get the expected results.

-JB

cgbissett

• Recent member
Re: AMG Link not functioning properly
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 06:01:25 am »

Thanks for the help, both are now functioning correctly, appreciated.

Regards Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up