INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restore missing "Recently Imported" system playlist...  (Read 1493 times)

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Restore missing "Recently Imported" system playlist...
« on: November 13, 2010, 09:29:45 am »

The only reference to this issue I can find in the forum is about 8 years old with no answer.  The fix and/or preference choice eludes me...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Restore missing "Recently Imported" system playlist...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 12:58:57 pm »

It should get created if you import something.

You might also look at the stock smartlist "Imported This Month" or stock library view "Recent Albums" to see how to make custom views that look at recently imported things.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 03:23:43 am »

Matt, is there any way to get a user defined view to stick to the Recently Imported view?  It used to be the case that this could be user defined, but since MC14 this seems to have vanished?  Now I have to load my own preset when I import albums, which is a bit annoying...

First job upon importing is tagging, so a user defined view is important.

Cheers,

Mark

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 04:24:42 am »

The list and its customized column layout will be preserved when MC is not allowed to clear the list automatically:

Tools > Options > General > Advanced > Clear Recently Imported and Recently Ripped on exit: Leave all tracks

It is easy to remove the files from the list manually after you have tagged them.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 04:33:53 am »

The list and its customized column layout will be preserved when MC is not allowed to clear the list automatically:

Tools > Options > General > Advanced > Clear Recently Imported and Recently Ripped on exit: Leave all tracks

It is easy to remove the files from the list manually after you have tagged them.

True, but this an extra step.  When MC is *SO* configurable, I don't understand why this view no longer sticks like it used to...

I'll switch over to this method and see how I get on.  Thanks.

Mark

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 05:13:04 am »

I think the technical reason for the behavior is the automatic removal of the list from the tree whenever MC clears it completely (also the option "Remove old tracks" may clear it if you don't constantly import new stuff.)

When there is no list there is also no place to store the customization. Perhaps MC should preserve also an empty list as a placeholder for the view settings.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up