INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Upnp and Media Center 15  (Read 1117 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Problems with Upnp and Media Center 15
« on: November 17, 2010, 01:08:54 am »

I have been thinking about upgrading from Media Center 14 to 15.  I have gotten most everything to work except for Upnp which works fine for Media Center 14. When I try to access Upnp I see it in the list of Upnp devices.  I access it and it has the 4 headers Audio, Images, Video, Playlists.  But when I try to open any of those folders they don't open. 

I have been trying to access this from an old Xbox with XBMC installed on it.  I have changed the name from defaut to just be "jrivers".  It still won't let me in.  When I try to access the directory I can set it has a code like asdfa-ew2sd-we1qd-123sa/4.  The 4 could either be a 4,5,15, or 16.  I guess this is how Upnp works.  When I click on one of the folders it takes me into the folder but only displays the 4 folders again.  I then have to back out of the folder several times to get back to the main menu. 

I have it installed on Windows Home Server v1.0 and AMD dual core 4800+ with 3 gigs of ram. 

This works great with version 14 just not version 15.  I have enabled all the checkboxs to try and get this to work in the settings.  Any thoughts on what could be happening and how I can fix this? 

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Problems with Upnp and Media Center 15
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 01:16:28 am »

There is a predefine profile for the XBOX that should just work....

JRiver CEO Elect

icanrule

• World Citizen
Re: Problems with Upnp and Media Center 15
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 09:06:47 am »

I didn't even know about those presets.  Xbox 360 didn't work (I'm using original Xbox).  The playstation 3 option worked like a charm.  I changed the audio to work with any format and no conversion but it's beautiful.  Way faster then what was offered with J River Media Center 14.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up