INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: possible to choose aspect ratio on tv series\music videos etc?  (Read 1706 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
possible to choose aspect ratio on tv series\music videos etc?
« on: November 11, 2010, 03:07:30 pm »

when i goto my htpc and play videos.. Example tv serise. many of them if not most i have to hit the down arrow in theaterview chose fullscreen then widescreen. after the movie\clip is done the next episode starts and i have to hit the down arrow again and choose source aspect ration ,full screen then widescreen. is it possible to have jriver ALWAYS play files in widescreen mode? so we dont have to always change the aspect ratio?

Thanks for any tips

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: possible to choose aspect ratio on tv series\music videos etc?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 03:36:04 pm »

Yup - easy!  In StdView add the Column "Playback Info".  In here you will see all the various settings you make when playing a video from the Right Click Menu.  Copy the values in PlaybackInfo from the one video that you like how it plays to all the others OF THE SAME TYPE (eg you may have different settings for a 4:3 video or a 16:9 video, or Letterbox etc etc)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 05:18:49 pm »

Thanks Jmone!!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 12:00:40 pm »

before i go dabbling.. do i make these settings on the server side? or HTPC side?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 01:26:42 pm »

before i go dabbling.. do i make these settings on the server side? or HTPC side?

Ahhh here is the thing! You have one "Playback Info" field to play with and it will be used by all clients....so you need to make sure that the settings work as you intend for all your playback PC's.  Eg if you select a refresh rate as it looks good on a Monitor, but is not supported by a another HTPC to a TV you may get issues.  Otherwise try one and see how you go.
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 12:08:51 pm »

sorry i'm being a pain...

Copy the values in PlaybackInfo from the one video that you like how it plays to all the others OF THE SAME TYPE

made the playback field in playing now. and i see the info for the one vid that didnt look right. it was a .flv file,

So now do i goto all My Music videos and search for .flv vids, then paste that info into those files via tagging?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 03:58:15 am »

Sorry been away.  I ment to say that get a particular formated displaying like you want, then you can copy that setting to other similar files (regardless of file type), eg this setting is for how you want to view 4:3 format, or Letterbox, or whatever format the output video is in.  Best way is to have a play and see what you like (as it does not change the file, just how MC instructs the Video Renderer to display it).
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up