INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound - WASAPI/KS for 24/96  (Read 1209 times)

romein138

No sound - WASAPI/KS for 24/96
« on: November 21, 2010, 10:20:12 pm »

ASAPI doesn't work. Here are my settings in a screenshot, I have disabled all other DSP settings, enabled 24-bit depth in DSP and have 2 channels selected for output in DSP.

I have selected Speakers in Windows Audio Devices because my soundcard still spits out via SPDIF Coaxial even when that is selected as default device. I have tried it with Digital Output selected as the default device, but it still does not work. I get silence when I play back 24/96 files.

The only thing I can seem to get my 24/96 to play with is wave out. When I switch to waveout, I automatically get sound back.

Win7 64 (ult)
HTO Striker 7.1, capable of 24/96 (latest driver)
DigitalCoaxial Out to Denon AVR890 W/ Seinheisser HD650's

EDIT: After searching Newegg for information, I've discovered this card was advertised as a 24/96 card, but does not function beyond 16-bit. Bummer and don't know how this slipped by me or newegg. BUT, what exactly is happening if I am hearing these files when WAVEOUT is selected? Are they being resampled somehow, or is the digital coax passthrough allowing the Denon to play them back as 24-bit?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No sound - WASAPI/KS for 24/96
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:10:30 am »

BUT, what exactly is happening if I am hearing these files when WAVEOUT is selected? Are they being resampled somehow, or is the digital coax passthrough allowing the Denon to play them back as 24-bit?

Waveout is not a hardware direct communication method, so any audio delivered to Waveout will be converted by Windows to the card's default mixing format.

There's a little more information here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up