INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to rename media files according playlist sequence  (Read 1175 times)

cjbol

How to rename media files according playlist sequence
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:07:41 am »

Hello, I want to rename my images according to the (sub)playlists they are part of.
Is there a way to do this and if yes, how.

If images are part of multiple playlists, the first (sub)lists found are fine.

for example: if an image is part of persons/jim then it should be renamed to drive:\persons\jim\imagefilename

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to rename media files according playlist sequence
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:42:21 pm »

No. A playlist is, in effect, an index to a set of files. There's no direct link from the file record back to the playlist. But you shouldn't using playlists to organize files. That's what tags are for. I suggest you use your existing playlists to tag the files properly. For example, select the persons/jim list, and record "jim" in the People field or persons\jim in the Keywords field. You will then be able to use Rename, Move & Copy Files using those values. And a multitude of other cool things. ;)

cjbol

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 05:16:51 am »

This is not an option. It would take too much time to change the keys etc when moving to other playlists.
I have a lot of pictures and my system is based on (in the current software I use) albums and groups. Many pictures are part of multiple albums/groups and this would become very confusing and prone to errors.
I hoped to use MC to manage my photo's but now this can't be done this way I stay with media jukebox and keep for the time being my current program for the pictures.
BTW for audio I like it very much.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 09:43:49 am »

Many pictures are part of multiple albums/groups and this would become very confusing and prone to errors.
Tagging files with multiple values in multiple categories is exactly what the program is designed to do. ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up