INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS3 problem  (Read 1566 times)

Gary T.

PS3 problem
« on: December 16, 2010, 12:17:30 am »

Hi everybody,

I've been using media center for a while now (started with 11 and now on 15.167). I started playing around with Gizmo (awesome app.), and noticed that media center supported streaming to the PS3. I've been using Netgear digital entertainers to stream video_ts files. I started to play around with the PS3 and Media center serving up my video library. It looked as if it was working until tonight when I started to watch a movie on the PS3. About every 5 to 10 minutes the movie would jump ahead about 5 minutes. after about the 3rd or 4th time, I stopped and switched to the Netgear. The movie played flawless. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Gary T.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: PS3 problem
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 10:52:50 am »

What file format and codecs is your movie? Are you using the PS3 preset for the DLNA server? What is the video conversion setting in MC's DLNA server?

Gary T.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 08:21:12 pm »

Hi Bob,

All the files are Video_TS format. Yes I am using the PS3 preset for the DLNA server. Settings are, Convert unsupported formats, Encoder - MPEG2/DVD stream, DLNA is checked, playstation 3 compatible is checked.

I should also be more clear about playing from the Netgear. It will play the files without conversion, so it doesn't use Media Center as the server.

The reason I would like to get it to work on the PS3 is because I think it has a better picture,and I would like to eliminate some equipment.

Thanks,
Gary T.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 09:06:16 pm »

Hi Gary,
In MC then, these are ifo's in the library, right?
It should work though we may be having trouble with the streams in the vobs. Any common movies we could test here?

Gary T.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 11:50:56 pm »

It looks like the movie files are vob's. I do see a few files that are listed as ifo's, but the largest files are vob's. The movie was The A-Team. I played it again tonight and noticed that the movie skips in the same spot every time, and it looks like it skips to the beginning of the next chapter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up