INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Media Path & Filename  (Read 602 times)

Bruce

• Recent member
  • xxconsultantmusic
Web Media Path & Filename
« on: June 15, 2002, 07:46:50 am »

I'm trying to connect to CFRB, which is in the MJ master database.  I get the message "Windows Media Player. Cannot open. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again."

I know that CFRB is active, as I'm able to listen to it directly from their website (i.e. not thru MJ).

How do I verify the path and filename?
Bruce

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Web Media Path & Filename
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2002, 07:12:45 pm »

I'm not sure.  Does it work if you use MJ -> File -> Open Streaming File... with the URL?

Thanks.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bruce

• Recent member
  • xxconsultantmusic
RE:Web Media Path & Filename
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2002, 12:38:30 am »

To listen to CFRB from their web site (www.cfrb.com), you first download a product called  "SurferNETWORK".  Then, when you bring up that product, it offers you the choice of 11 Canadian radio stations, one of which is CFRB.  The only URL I could find is: "http://rd1.surfernetwork.com/newsurfer4/single/standard.html".  I tried it in MJ, but all it said was "Stopped".

It looks like they have set up a special server for the 11 stations, with some sort of quasi-proprietary interface.  Is there a way to bypass and listen with MJ instead?

My original question was: "How do I discover what URL the MJ datbase is using for a streaming audio source already in the database?"
Bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up