INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't find where to set "save Playing Now" playlists - Solved  (Read 1101 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
I can't find where to set "save Playing Now" playlists - Solved
« on: December 04, 2010, 09:49:57 pm »

I looked in every menu and can't find where to enable that feature. Is it gone?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: I can't find where to set "save Playing Now" playlists
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 02:43:46 am »

Search for "exit" in options.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 12:11:58 pm »

MrC, Thanks, didn't see that search function in there.
Searching for playing now did the trick.
However, Features > Recent Playing Nows is checked (and "clear playing now on exit" is unchecked) but still nothing appears under Playlists, other than the stock Played Today and Recently Played playlists.

I seem to recall a folder called Playing Now or something to that effect that saved them by date. That's what I'm looking for.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 01:07:47 pm »

I don't use playlists much, so I didn't know what you were talking about. Then I noticed a Recent Playing Now's playlist group in which time stamped playlists are recorded whenever the PN list is changed. It doesn't survive the session, whether or not Clear PN on exit is checked (which must be why I never noticed it). Turn the feature on at Options - General - Features.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 01:37:00 pm »

Thanks Rick. I already had it enabled, that's why I couldn't figure out why nothing was appearing in my Playlists.

But alas, there it is. You are right. You have to first replace the Playing Now playlist before the saving business will kick in. And it never displays the Playing Now playing list you are currently listening to. It will create that one when you replace it next time.  I'm sure I knew that before, but forgot!

Here's a little tidbit on why this is a good feature.
We sometimes play a game whereby we play a tune and the next person has the duration of the tune to come with with the next song. It must be a seamless transition. Anyway, we all know the results of having someone inexperienced with MC play a song. It most likely results in the previous songs all disappearing from the Playing Now playlist!  I've modified all the play behaviour to always ADD to playlist, but just in case someone does something wrong (wink) I like having the history of the game so that I can save it at the end of the night.

Also good for creating regular playlists... you can test some out and then revert to a previous one if you like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up