INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote "Green Button" stopped launching MC  (Read 796 times)

GalNoam

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Remote "Green Button" stopped launching MC
« on: December 08, 2010, 03:32:15 am »

I'm running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
have a Ortec vrc-1100 remote which is a combo of MCE remote and HID ( no blaster )

Till recently (I discovered the problem a few days ago , and suspect it started between 3 days to two weeks ago).

the system and MC were set as below:
WMC disabled
WMP disabled
MC is default application
windows startup - media center and media server.
MC startup mode - theatre view.
"Disable Windows Media Center" checkbox - checked,
FFDshow and Halli Media splitter are both enabled (meaning not disabled) if it has any significance.

Currently the buttons mapped to Video Music Home and so on launch MC to the respective place
( if MC server is running in the background ).

But I really like the functionality of the "Green",

Before the change "Green Button" would launch MC at almost any case, and rarely had problems that wouldn't disappear
On MC restart or system restart.

I saw in the change log the following:

15.0.151 (11/10/2010)

1. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/UserInterface/Info function for getting the current state of the user interface.
2. Changed: Reworked how Theater View positions are reported so that it's easier to make skins with context sensitive images.
3. Changed: When pausing playback, the on screen position disappears after 10 seconds.
4. Changed: The on screen position display does not appear when pausing image playback.
5. Fixed: Rotating through Theater View with the green button could skip the home view in some unexpected cases.
6. Fixed: DLNA devices could fail to appear under certain network configurations.
7. Changed: Brightness, Hue, and Saturation controls on the on screen display are more graphical (except for live television playback).

But its 2 weeks earlier than the time I felt the problem (the MC sometimes is open for a week and more continuously).

I tested the various parameters I mentioned at the beginning to no avail.

I red the Wiki and any thread I found relating to "Green Button" and MC15.

Any help will be appreciated.

Pages: [1]   Go Up