INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cannot import MCWS WSDL with Java and Netbeans.  (Read 1719 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
cannot import MCWS WSDL with Java and Netbeans.
« on: May 27, 2011, 12:21:20 pm »

Has anyone succeeded importing MCWS WSDL to create Java service calls using Netbeans, Eclipse or any other tool? I tried to use Netbeans, which rejected the WSDL file as invalid, but I am not very experienced in Java and it is the first time I try WSDL, so I may be doing something wrong.

For those who don't know what I am talking about, the WSDL suppose to describe the webservice interface in an XML interface and there are tools to convert those definitions into webservice calls in different languages like Java; if I understood the wikipedia pages I read yesterday correctly.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
Re: cannot import MCWS WSDL with Java and Netbeans.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 04:50:50 am »

I've tried to also do this in Visual Studio 2010 (.NET) with no luck.

The WSDL does not seem to be recognised as valid
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: cannot import MCWS WSDL with Java and Netbeans.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 09:12:49 am »

MCWS is a REST based service.

I'm going from memory, but the version of WSDL supported by .NET doesn't really support REST interfaces.

There's a new version of WSDL that should work with REST, but since that version of WSDL is not widely supported, we haven't done the work on our WSDL generator to get it to that version.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up