INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replay Gain  (Read 1485 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Replay Gain
« on: June 15, 2011, 10:42:20 pm »

I have by now added 700 albums and have 13 000 tracks in my collection, all ripped and stored in Wav. files.
I have tagged them succeful. When comparing the size of an untagged file and a tagged the size of the files differ.
How is the tag stored? Does the tag interfere with the sound or are the tag stored and read in a way that don't
change the sound of the file, just curious.
How can I use Replay Gain to analyse my 13 000 tracks the easiest way now that they are ripped? I would like
to use replay gain when listening to a play list but still I don't want to alter my files. How does Replay Gain work?
Is it possible to use replay Gain as I described?

Thanks

Blue Boy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Replay Gain
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 06:25:38 am »

You could probably learn about WAV tagging by doing an Internet search.  It doesn't affect the sound.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:22:44 am »

Okey thank you for your answer,  what about my other question about reply gain is there a way to analyze all my files in one go, and is there a way to just use reply gain when listen to my play list but want my files to remain unaltered.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 10:37:55 am »

Replay gain is just a value in the tags, the file itself isn't altered.
You can go to your audio library, select all files (ctrl-a), right click and do library tools->analyze audio.
On 13,000 tracks it's going to take a LONG time. You might want to try it on a subset of your library, like by artist or some such.
Once the file has been analyzed, it will be skipped over if you analyze it a second time.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 01:34:18 pm »

Thank's Bob,

Well I think that I start with analyzing the files that are in the playlists just to play them at the same level. I problem to me audiowise is that many of todays
releases are heavy compressed so to mix one song from a recent album togheter with something that was released in the mid 90 gives two different sounds, but
I guess we have to live with that....
Pages: [1]   Go Up