INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Large Thumbnail problems  (Read 1487 times)

windforce

• Recent member
Large Thumbnail problems
« on: November 24, 2010, 01:01:35 pm »

When playing playlists I cannot view the album art in a scalable size like you can in Panes view.

Pains view - Album art shows correctly and scales in size with the column width
http://picasaweb.google.com/windforce.hotmail.com/MediaCenter?authkey=Gv1sRgCJighuLYkP-XhgE#5543192880749770610

Playing Now - Album art will only show small icon, large thumbnail will not show and art will not scale like in panes view.
http://picasaweb.google.com/windforce.hotmail.com/MediaCenter?authkey=Gv1sRgCJighuLYkP-XhgE#5543192884776145522

I really enjoy starting my music and having it continue down my playlist all day long.  A feature that works perfectly in Media Monkey.  However I do like the sound quality of Media Center better.  Missing the ablum art is really frustrating me right now.  Any suggestions, or is this a feature request?

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Large Thumbnail problems
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:18:07 pm »

It's not possible to group ordered lists (like Playing Now).  The 'Large Thumbnail' column only works with grouped lists.

Grouping by something like 'Album' gets tricky in Playing Now (or any other ordered list) because the grouping key could change each file.  Imagine playing 20 shuffled albums.  In grouped view, it would look strange I think.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

windforce

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 02:36:03 pm »

Ok... So from the playing now list I can understand the database grouping problem.

Next question then...

From the panes view, how can I get the play to play all of the albums in the panes view starting with the one I click on.  IE Do not repeat the same album again and again, and do not quit at the end of the album.  But continue to play all the albums in the list.  I have a feeling this is not intended functionality, but it is something that Media Monkey does and Foobar does. 

I really want a big list like panes view that I can play every thing on the list and see all my album art.  Is this possible, or do I have to live with limited album art of playlists?

BTW All files are flac format, all album art icons are inside the tag of each flac file.  In addition each folder has a folder.jpg file with the album art.

Thank you for you help and consideration.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 03:11:22 pm »

In a grouped list, a double-click will only play the current grouping.

In an ungrouped list, a double-click will play everything.

So one choice is to ungroup the list.

Another choice is to select everything (Ctrl+A) and use the right-click play commands.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 04:38:34 pm »

...In a Panes View, you can also right-click on any value in the panes and select Play. All tracks included in the selection will be added to PN.

For the method of play you describe, a Panes View can serve both as means of browsing and selecting files, and for displaying what's in PN. The IsInPlayingNow function allows the tracks in PN to be identified. Use it in a Search List pane—as illustrated in the screen shot. (Don't read anything into the term "Filters"—that's just what I chose to name my collection of search lists.)

windforce

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 06:50:02 pm »

Thanks Rick.  That what I was trying to do. 

Media Center is really noticeably better sounding in Wasapi event style than any other play back program I have tried.  Thanks to J River such a nice product!

windforce

• Recent member
Re: Large Thumbnail problems - RESOLVED
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 07:56:54 pm »

I still have not been pleased with the options for seeing a big list of all of my albums with cover art so I decided to create a plug in.  Here is a screen shot of it.  You can quick jump to any artist, or just jump by alphabet letter.  When you choose a song to play MC will play all the songs for that play list in order.  The album art is clearly shown and will dynamically grow if the column is re-sized.  The plug in is driven off of play lists that you can create.  For this list the play list is sorted by Artist, Album, Track of genre all by Christmas.

Pages: [1]   Go Up