INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP in Playing DVD -  (Read 553 times)

eL3nDiL

HELP in Playing DVD -
« on: June 12, 2002, 04:22:14 pm »

Specifications of PC:
Intel Pentium 3 733 MHz
nVIDIA Geforce 256 32 MB
128 MB RDRAM
Creative Sound Live !Value

Was having a problem with playing DVD.At first it will function but after a few minutes,video gets stuck there and only audio continues.The next time i start it up,it was able to continue the part where it is stuck,but after awhile same things happen,video stuck,only audio continue correctly.Every resolution was the same.Orgiinal player was WinDVD but after format i lost my cd and i can't install T_T.Can someone please help me ?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:HELP in Playing DVD -
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2002, 08:13:20 am »

MJ requires valid "directshow compatible" mpeg decoder software be present on your system. Sometimes if you've installed multiple DVD players, the system gets confused and chooses the wrong components when it goes to play a DVD. If you can't install your WinDVD program, I found a free set of mpeg2 (DVD) video and sound decoders at this web site:
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/encoding_plugin.html
Look for the link "Free DVD filters" and download it. You can place the zip file in the Media Jukebox directory and extract the files there. Then run the "regfilters.bat" program and try playing the DVD again in MJ. I tried them out and they seemed to work fine on my PC.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up