INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving files - Keep folder structure!  (Read 2387 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Moving files - Keep folder structure!
« on: June 12, 2002, 02:56:58 pm »

Hi!

I'm about to move my songs to a new disk but I want to keep the file structure intact. Now the are in D:\My Music\ and I want to move them to F:\My Music\ instead.

What I noticed (I HAVE tried) was that if I'm only changing base directory, all files end up in that directory, without the rest of the folder structure, ie 'Albums\Depeche Mode' (it becomes 'F:\My Music\Depeche Mode - Somebody').

I don't want to set the rule to anything, just change D: to F: ... Is this possible without re-importing the files?

Grateful for your help and to JRiver for the most valuable player/manager around!

lise

RE:Moving files - Keep folder structure!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 03:15:29 pm »

I know one way of doing it.  From the properties menu, go to Tools and select Find & Replace.  Replace D:\ for F:\.  Someone else might suggest an easier way.

Marty3d

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2002, 03:24:08 pm »

Thanks lise! That solved my problems, on the test files anyway...In progress of moving 4500|PLS| files now...let's see if it's gonna work Next Page

Marty3d

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 04:38:01 pm »

Hm....not good...

After I moved all my files, one great problem occured! My Album art didn't update!!!
They were all in each album's folder and when I checked, the old path were still there Next Page

Any suggestions besides doing it all over again?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 07:55:37 pm »

That's one of the reasons why we encourage people to keep their album art in the specified MJ directory, instead of next to the files.  Any chance you could make that change?

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 08:12:28 pm »

Matt
Is relative pathing for album art on the V9 agenda.
If not, can I suggest that it should be?

Marty3d

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2002, 12:56:49 am »

I'd like that too! Relative paths rocks! Next Page Or a (small?) implementation that checks album art as well as file locations in Find&Replace...

There is another reason for me not to have the images in a single directory, namely that in XP you can view folders as thumbnails, which makes it somewhat nicer to view the album folders in the explorer Next Page

Pages: [1]   Go Up