INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ in Windows taskbar? (long-winded post)  (Read 935 times)

Swordsman74

MJ in Windows taskbar? (long-winded post)
« on: June 12, 2002, 09:43:11 am »

Hi all,
Here's a screenshot of my desktop showing the MJ "toolbar" I jury-rigged to display in my Windows taskbar...

What you're seeing in my taskbar is an MJ Track Info page I created which is being shown using a javascript window command instead of a regular taskbar location. The javscript is pointing directly to the "generated" track info page in the MJ directory, to which I had to add a meta tag to make it refresh every few seconds. This is pretty close to exactly what I want - but not quite.
From the first screenshot, you can see in the lower right that I have a mini-skin running. This is for two reasons: first, to handle the commands (play, stop, next, etc). Second, to allow my taskbar page to refresh. You guys did a great job in programming MJ to not waste resources updating something that isn't being shown on the screen!! Unfortunately, it conflicts with my warped ideas of how to display MJ. If I don't have at minimum one pixel of the track info page displayed in the mini-skin view, that page in my taskbar won't refresh.
Here are my questions for you all:

1. Could anyone put together an "official" windows toolbar that can do what I'm doing here - but through Windows code instead of a patched-together javascript and HTML mess? I do web development, not C  .
2. If not, can MJ commands be made available to use through HTML/JS calls? This would only be good if there is a way around the code that keeps my page from refreshing without a mini-skin visible. If I have to keep a mini-skin up anyway, then the HTML buttons would be redundant.

Any thoughts or ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long read!
 Thanks!
   Matt L.

Swordsman74

RE:MJ in Windows taskbar? (long-winded post)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 08:24:01 pm »

Hmmm...interesting...I didn't expect this to be out here all day without ANYONE commenting...
I can't be the only one who has their taskbar like this and who wants MJ to be inside the taskbar...or am I???
Or...was my post just so darn long and confusing that no one really went through it?  It wouldn't be the first time that's happened to me...

Mysticeti

• World Citizen
  • music, SCUBA, movies, VR, multimedia, PCs
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2002, 05:27:53 am »

The screen shot isn't showing up here.  All I see is a image that says "this service has been suspended due to abuse... www.forumfiles.com".
"And the men who hold high places. Must be the ones who start... to mold a new reality. Closer to the Heart."

Swordsman74

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2002, 02:55:08 pm »

Dang - I didn't realize that forumfiles.com was only available to a few sites.  Thanks for the heads-up, Mysticeti.  Does anyone know where I can host a single picture?  Even Yahoo! won't let me share photos anymore...

sekim

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2002, 03:13:49 pm »

Doesn't your ISP give you space for your own homepage?
Pages: [1]   Go Up