INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HULU via DNLA to LG Blueray BD570  (Read 3550 times)

canuck123

• Recent member
HULU via DNLA to LG Blueray BD570
« on: January 01, 2011, 05:50:22 pm »

I"m able to view Hulu on my PC via F11 in theatre view but I would like to know if there is any way to view it on my DLNA enabled Blueray player in the living room via wireless. I can connect to the media center but only see my music, photos and video files that I marked as shared items.

Would be nice to be able to hook up to Hulu ?

Thanks

kosmicken

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: HULU via DNLA to LG Blueray BD570
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:57:16 am »

I just bought the BD570 last week. Great device, but its internet capabilities, which have nothing to do with DLNA or the other PC's on your network, are limited to the built in applications it comes with. These are found by going to Netcast from the home screen. The applications include Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Napster, MLB.tv, Picassa, VuDu, and AccuWeather.com. Unfortunately, this device does not support Hulu. Would be nice if it has a web browser so you could go to any site, but it doesn't. I'd also like to think that maybe a future firmware upgrade would support Hulu, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry. I'm sure this is disappointing news, but I hope it answers your question.

canuck123

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:07:07 am »

I just bought the BD570 last week. Great device, but its internet capabilities, which have nothing to do with DLNA or the other PC's on your network, are limited to the built in applications it comes with. These are found by going to Netcast from the home screen. The applications include Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Napster, MLB.tv, Picassa, VuDu, and AccuWeather.com. Unfortunately, this device does not support Hulu. Would be nice if it has a web browser so you could go to any site, but it doesn't. I'd also like to think that maybe a future firmware upgrade would support Hulu, but I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry. I'm sure this is disappointing news, but I hope it answers your question.

OK Thanks for the info. Here in Canada, all that appears in Netcast is Youtube, Accuweather and Picassa. Really sucks !

kosmicken

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:13:47 am »

Really?  That's weird. I don't understand why that would be. LG has a BD530 that only supports those three services, but I don't know why that would happen with the 570.
Pages: [1]   Go Up