INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: connecting/downloading  (Read 990 times)

scott

connecting/downloading
« on: June 12, 2002, 08:23:09 am »

I'm having trouble connecting whenever I try to do something with Media Jukebox that requires downloading.  I have no trouble when connecting to help menus or directly to the media jukebox site from within the program.  It's when I've tried to download plud-ins like the MP3 encoder, skins, or even to connect to Radio Stations.  I get the "downloading..." dialogue box and then a message that it failed to connect to the server.  Are these features that I can only access with the Paid version?  Or is there a setting that I've got set incorrectly?

gateley

RE:connecting/downloading
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 09:32:04 am »

Hi Scott,

Check your proxy settings (do you by any chance have the gopher proxy disabled?). I found a bug where MJ is using the wrong proxy setting, and it should be fixed soon. In the meantime, ensuring you have correct functional settings should allow you to connect.

Thanks,

j

scott

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2002, 09:44:45 am »

Where would I find those settings?  The only settings I found within MJ are for enabling CDDB lookup and that function seems to work fine.  There's nothing filled in for Proxy settings within that dialogue box, however.  What settings do I need?  Does the Media Server under the tools menu have anything to do with this?  I have no address filled in there either.

-Scott

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 09:58:22 am »

In IE.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

scott

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 10:07:01 am »

I connect through a LAN and the proxy settings all appear to be correct.  The gopher setting is set to the same as all others.  I have no other difficulties with internet connections including downloading the song lists when I insert and rip a new cd, connecting to this help site, etc. It just happens when I try to download skins, encoders and listen to radio stations through MJ.  I can connect to the same station through media player without trouble.  That's why I was figuring that it was an MJ setting.

-scott

jan bollaert

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2002, 12:48:03 am »

I have exactly the same problem, also in a LAN, other downloads work fine, all possible proxy settings are ok, also only found them under the CDDB info, and the proxy in IE is fine. This used to work fine in my previous versions of the jukebox, and now with the latest upgrade and I also payed for the plus package it's gone dead. Is this a bug that needs to be fixed of is there some other hidden proxysetting we don't know about ?

It's realy frustration, now that we finally have skins for the Mega-me, we cannot download them.

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2002, 10:26:31 am »

i've had the same problem and a way i find to install the MP3 encoder i needed (after much time spent trying to figure out why a proxy i don't have would be interfering) is:
a) go to the link to .mjp file and choose to save as
b) open the .mjp file in any notepad-like program and download the zip file described in the URL= field
c) still in the mjp file, change the URL=http://... for the name of the zip file (place it in the same directory of the mjp)
d) run the mjp file.

it has worked so far with a couple of files. I donīt know why i can't download stuff the way MJ planned but it is a way to do it quickly.

Alexandre

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2002, 10:30:51 am »

It is possible that a download manager (even ours) is creating a problem.  Can you try disabling it?  Use the latest version of MJ which fixed a bug in the "enable browser integration" option.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up