INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS Library Values  (Read 1487 times)

DaveL

• Recent member
  • Alpha Programmer
MCWS Library Values
« on: January 05, 2011, 08:15:00 pm »

I'm trying to get a list of unique albums in a library using the MCWS/v1/Library/Values URI.  However this isn't really possible since the same album name can be used by more than one artist (think "Greatest Hists").  What I need to get the entries where the "Album Artist" + "Album" returns a unique entry.  Is this possible?

Note that I can "sorta" get this information by parsing the single "AutoDir" field.  But this doesn't seem reliable for all users since it depends on how the directory\files are organized on disk.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MCWS Library Values
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:21:08 pm »

I'm trying to get a list of unique albums in a library using the MCWS/v1/Library/Values URI.  However this isn't really possible since the same album name can be used by more than one artist (think "Greatest Hists").  What I need to get the entries where the "Album Artist" + "Album" returns a unique entry.  Is this possible?

Internally we often use an album key which is a combination of "Album Artist (auto)" and "Album". 

However, it's not currently possible to get this using MCWS/v1/Library/Values.

As an aside, I don't know if you're doing search, but MCWS/v1/Library/Values is what powers Gizmo search.  You can specify multiple fields and also a filter.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DaveL

• Recent member
  • Alpha Programmer
Re: MCWS Library Values
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:14:12 pm »

Internally we often use an album key which is a combination of "Album Artist (auto)" and "Album".  

However, it's not currently possible to get this using MCWS/v1/Library/Values.

Any chance of adding support for this?  You could either add a new auto field similar to the other auto generated fields like "Artist - Album (Year)") or add support for a composite field to the Values field parameter.

As an aside, I don't know if you're doing search, but MCWS/v1/Library/Values is what powers Gizmo search.  You can specify multiple fields and also a filter.

I'm building a list of all albums for browsing (and playing) on my Windows Phone 7.  Very similar to Gizmo, just with WP7 look and feel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up