INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WebPlay & Gizmo. Problems, a question, and a cool tip using Smartlists.  (Read 1113 times)

scm

• World Citizen

1. TIP: When I first got WebPlay working, I was disappointed because it seemed I lost the robust search and browse capabilities inherent in Media Center. 

It only seemed to allow browsing by one field at a time (artist, ratings, genre, etc.), with no ability to select multiple artists, much less a few artists and also limited to certain ratings.  This is not effective for a large collection, so the solution I found was to create custom smartlists with all the criteria I'd want in my playlist (several genres/artists, high ratings, etc.), then use WebPlay or Gizmo to browse my Smartlists.

2. WebPlay Feature Request: After performing a "search" using the search button and seeing the results returned, it only allows me to play one song at a time.  This is also quite ineffective and useless.  I'd like to be able to "play all" of the search results (in exactly the same way that MC itself does it when you search, then double click a track in the search results).

3. PC WebPlay Media Player Question:  When I use WebPlay on a Blackberry, it shows album art.  If I use WebPlay on a PC with Winamp, it doesn't show album art.  It only shows song title and artist after I've begun playing the track, and not until then.  The rest of the tracks just show the http link until they are played.

Worse, Media Jukebox 14 doesn't even show the song title or artist, much less the album art.  Same with VLC.  I haven't tried iTunes.  Windows Media Player doesn't support M3U's with external references at all so won't even play the songs at all.

Can anyone recommend a free PC media player that will show the album art when playing M3U's generated from WebPlay, so I can recommend it to friends with whom I'm sharing my collection via WebPlay?
Pages: [1]   Go Up