INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: encoding with 8.0.289  (Read 1078 times)

mikewillnot

encoding with 8.0.289
« on: June 11, 2002, 07:37:48 pm »

I just upgraded to 8.0.289.  Whatever I had before was set up to use some mp3 encoder, I don't remember which; maybe lame.  Everything worked fine.  Now, with this new version, I suddenly don't have an mp3 encoder available anymore, just ogg and wma.  some complicated jerking around with external plug-ins and the like produces entirely unsatisfactory results.  why is this suddenly so complicated?  why can't I get this thing working with some quality encoder (I tried fastencc) without a lot of commandline rigamarole?  Any tips--or, god forbid, useful instructions--on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Chris H.

RE:encoding with 8.0.289
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2002, 07:46:29 pm »

I feel your pain.  I'm having simular problems with 8.0.293.  MJ8 won't copy songs without crashing in the MP3 Encoder VBR format.  You might go to the plug-in manager and download the encoders you want.  It's under Settings.  Hope this helps.  I think that MJ 8 beta was better.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2002, 08:01:11 pm »

Mike why 289? first thing is try the latest (293). BTW it has predefined setting in the lame encoded that satisfy most of the users (i.e. Quality = low, normal/low, normal, normal/high, high) both for CBR and VBR. I believe they are part of the standard install so if you do not get them, something is wrong.

My feeling is that you guys must have something screwed up in your systems since I haven't heard something like that in a while. I would try a clean unistall with manual delete of the MJ folder (save your libraries first!), and then a re-install. Make sure you are using the full install

Claudio

Chris H.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 08:16:01 pm »

Already tried that, Claud.  Everything was running fine, until I installed MJ8.0.293   :|

mikewillnot

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 08:24:32 pm »

i'll try the uninstall route, since the machine is acting spastic now anyway.  as far as downloading "the encoders you want," the encoder page didn't have much to offer that i could make out.  `

mikewillnot

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2002, 09:03:20 pm »

well, now i've installed 8.0.293.  It doesn't seem to be the plus version.  I have a .rrg file from a previously backed up registration, but I can't figure out how to use/import/activate it, or even if I need to or not.  Any instructions?

mikewillnot

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2002, 09:25:19 pm »

OK, nevermind the registration question.  apparently, because "restore" is grayed out I don't need to for some reason.  I'm still not clear why there isn't an MP3 encoder as one of the standard options.  I can't yet get an external encoder to work smoothly, the way the built-ins do.

mikewillnot

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2002, 09:52:51 pm »

OK, I got the Lame plug-in, installed, and it works fine.  Thanks for humoring me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up