Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLAC  (Read 1442 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
FLAC
« on: January 04, 2011, 05:58:51 pm »

Hello!

I wish you all a great new year, and of course I have a question. My girlfriend likes to rip her CD collection and I have recommended JR MC to her, but I still ripping in wav.
and scanning my own cover. I think that will be to complicated for her so hence my question. How can or is there a way she can use MC to get all info on artist/tracks and and cover in one go? Does ripping to FLAC support this? If not is there a way she can put in a CD ang get all this info in one go? ?

Blue Boy

joh

• World Citizen
Re: FLAC
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:45:44 pm »

Could you please clarify what you mean with "all info on artist/tecks" ?

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:24:34 pm »

Sorry I made an typing error, it should be tracks. All she need is the info: artist - trackname - and coverart

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 09:26:16 pm »

Quick reply...

When you insert a CD, the album and track info is looked up by MC.  It will first look in its own database YADB, and then FreeDB (with MC15 or later).  Then the CD is remembered by MC, in its internal CD database.

Ripped tracks then inherit the data found, and perhaps subsequently entered/edited by you.  Cover art will then be looked up in YADB.  If found, it will download the current "best" choice.  If not, you can scan/upload to store/share it.

The file format (FLAC, etc.) is not really relevant.

Most prefer a compressed lossless format over wave.  How about APE of FLAC instead?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:06:53 am »

Problem Solved, today we installed MC 15, configuration Flac, tried it it downloaded coverart, works wonderful and for her cellphone use she can just convert the flac file to
MP3. Thank you for helping.

Blue Boy

rar4010

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 06:15:30 pm »

On this topic, I have recently imported some FLAC files and noticed that there are not as many fields on the tag menu as normal. I use Custom2 to track the source of the music, but it wasn't listed in the tag window.

Does FLAC use a different set of fields? Seems like Custom2 would be a MC library field?

Thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »

Add any tags you want to the library database.  When you define tags, decide if you want those exported into the FLAC vorbis tags, and set the setting when you define the tag.

FLAC can have any number of tags.

Include whatever tags you want in the tag's action window (click the little menu pulldown icon to the left of the "Tag" title in the action window.  See "Also show..").
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up