INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I get MJ to ignore data files when syncing to Android phone  (Read 1112 times)

bozrdang

I have been searching without luck for a good media player that will also sync correctly with my Android phone (HTC EVO).  They all seem to fall short in one are or another when syncing.  This search has lead me here and I just installed Media Jukebox.  I am syncing some music to the phone right now, but I am wondering about something.  I would like to enable the option "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list" so that if I remove a song from a playlist it will be removed from my phone when I sync.  My concern is the when you enable it you get a warning that says "ALL" missing files will be deleted.  That combined with the fact that when I view the contents of the phone in Media Jukebox, all kinds of data files show up.  I do NOT want these deleted.  Is there some way to tell MJ to ignore all files except those in a a specific location?  All my music is in /Music/.  For my needs, MJ only needs to concern itself with the contents of that folder.  Please tell me there is a way to do this.  So far I'm really liking MJ, but this would be a deal  breaker for me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How can I get MJ to ignore data files when syncing to Android phone
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 05:05:04 pm »

Media Center has better Android support, including exactly what you're asking for.  You might try it from the download page:
http://www.jriver.com/download.html
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bozrdang

Re: How can I get MJ to ignore data files when syncing to Android phone
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 05:51:58 pm »

OK.  Will do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up