INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Webremote to send audio to the new Ids  (Read 1001 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Using Webremote to send audio to the new Ids
« on: January 10, 2011, 08:23:01 pm »

I'm testing controlling different zones so I'm ready for when my Id arrives.  And if all works well I'll end up with several Ids spotted around the house.

The issue I have is that when I select a zone using Webremote (no I don't run Android and I have three Dell Axim x51v lying around I want to use as controllers) it changes the playback zone on the client running on the library server (which is my main HTPC), which then means if somebody is using that PC to listen to something or watch something... well let's just say they aren't very happy :)

Is there a way of sending audio to the Id via Webremote in the backgraound without changing the zone on the server client?

If I use Netremote/Mediabridge I can contol all my zones without the server client switching zones, but I have a feeling this solution will present issues as Id zones are going to come and go as they are switched on/off and may not always be the same zone number.  So I think webremote may be my easiest option in the short term, but I can't have it switching the client zone on the server.

I've also tested Gizmo on Android, and that is excellent and almost makes me want to rush out and buy a cheap Android tablet to use instead, there is somebody working on porting android to the Dell Axims and is making good progress so maybe, just maybe I might be able to use gizmo in the not too distant future, but in the short term I need a solution....

Thanks
Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up