INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Cover Art Plug-In  (Read 1636 times)

hmatos

CD Cover Art Plug-In
« on: June 11, 2002, 01:45:40 pm »

I've tried searching for this and I couldn't find any mention of it ...

I have an HTpc hooked up to my high definition tv and I avoid leaving static images up on the screen, so I was wondering if there's a display plug-in that will "float" the cover art and track information.  

Thanks, H

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
RE:CD Cover Art Plug-In
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2002, 02:09:35 pm »

Hi Hmatos,

One visualization that I know "floats" is Zrocker # 4. If you like, you can than easily modify it with Visualization Studio to use the cover art, instead of the Zrocker image and add a text node for the track info.

(Or you can start from scratch and play with th visualization studio... it's fairly easy to get what you want)

this is the thread where you can get the visualization
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=8426&BoardIdle=7&SortingBy=0&BoardOrder=Descend&Page=0

Claudio

hmatos

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2002, 02:18:29 pm »

Claudio,

Thanks for the info!  What is "Visualization Studio" and where do I get it?  Do I have to know "C"?

H

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 02:30:50 pm »

In Playing Now, right Click on the window where you have a visualization or the track info template.

Under Display Plugin select Visualization

Then pick one of the visualization (right click, Visualizations -> pick one)

And then Open visualization studio ( Right Click -> Visualization Studio).

This will open visualization studio on the current visualization. You can interactively experiment with the various setting... no need to know any programming language.. Once you get the concept, get the Zrocker visualization and modify it

Claudio

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 03:24:06 pm »

You may want to check out the slide show plugin.  I let it run on my TV while I've got music playing -- it's pretty neat.

I have an HTpc hooked up to my high definition tv

Cool... what resolution do you have it running at?  Could you use it for word processing and web browsing from across the room? (my TV gives me a headache if I try to web browse with it too long)

Take care.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 02:33:56 am »

Powerstrip is the tool for this...

The best resolution for your TV depends on the TV... Check these AVS links for good FAQ's...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=33207&perpage=999
http://www.digitalconnection.com/FAQ/HDTV_4.htm
http://www.digitalconnection.com/Support/cliffnotes_17.htm
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=32915&perpage=999

and then if you really want to think about nyquist theorem and oversampling for optimal outputs (usually via CRT FP) have a read of this http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=6978&perpage=999
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

hmatos

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 10:51:57 am »

Matt,

I have it running at 960x540 -- I haven't been able to use the slide show plug-in yet .... I thought it would display a bunch of pictures at random.  Which isn't really what I was looking for.  I currently own a Kenwood Entre which uses a pretty decent interface developed by OpenGlobe(if you ignore all the bugs).  The only problem is, the unit will only let me store 20GB worth of music and I have almost 100GB.  

I was trying to make my HTpc behave as closely as possible to the Entre and one of the things it does, is float/bounce the cover art image, as well as, the song title.  I've yet to find anyting else that does this; which is pretty odd, it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to implement.

Thanks for the info!

HM

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 11:29:10 am »

Did you look at the visualization I mentioned above? you can do exactly what you are asking

Claudio

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2002, 12:20:09 pm »

Here is my intrepretation of what you want... Save it on your disk as Float.mjv (right click, save target as in IE) and then open Visualization Studio and load it.

Float

Claudio

hmatos

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2002, 01:30:27 pm »

Claudio,

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work for me at all -- I just get a blank screen.  The picture is stored in the ID3 (if it matters).  I don't even get any information in V Studio when I open it.

I'll take a look at the other plug-in when I get home (I can't download via MJ from work, it fails).

Thanks again! H

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2002, 01:47:14 pm »

It's probably my fault .. I've never tried to export a visualization before, and I'm not sure if there is anything more than do a save as in Vis Studio. I'll do a couple tests, and if I can't figure it out, I'll just tell you which node to use.. It's pretty simple

Claudio

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2002, 02:39:45 pm »

The problem was saving the file from the browser. There is an automatic way to create install pkg, but I just replaced the original file with a zip file. Click, save it and the open the zip file and extract the mjv file where you prefer. In vis studio then do Open and navigate to the file..

Float

Claudio

hmatos

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2002, 07:45:29 am »

Claudio,

Finally got to it last night -- it does work and it's very close to what I'm looking for.  I'm playing with the different settings to see if I can get it to do what I want.

Thanks again for all your help!

HM

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2002, 12:06:00 am »

Yes Claudio,
Vis Studio|PLS|float are very cool! I was looking for something like this.
Many thanks,

Stebajo
Pages: [1]   Go Up